Cruz will be the nominee. Prove me wrong. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:03:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Cruz will be the nominee. Prove me wrong. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cruz will be the nominee. Prove me wrong.  (Read 2616 times)
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: April 01, 2016, 02:53:24 PM »

3)  This seems easiest of all.  Cruz is wilier than Trump and will have Paul Ryan and the entire party behind him.  Trump delegates will cross over to Cruz, and it will be hard for Trump to find a platform during the hubbub of the convention to grab the attention he needs and have any sway.

So, that's how it will play out.  Trump will win some big states, but not enough, Cruz will grind him away, the first ballot will be a wash and the Rubio/Kasich delegates, plus some Trump delegates, will go over to Cruz and give him a majority on the second or third ballot of the convention.  It will be over in the blink of an eye.

you think the establishment really wants Cruz as the nominee? They're supporting him now because he's the only vehicle they can use to stop Trump from hitting 1237. Make no mistake, if there is no majority on the first ballot, there will be more candidates than Trump and Cruz and they will probably take it from both of them.

only chance is if Cruz somehow leads Trump in delegates prior to the first ballot and even then i doubt it.

I don't think it's inevitable that Rule 40(b) will be repealed, considering Cruz and Trump loyalists will have most of the discretion on the rules.  And in any case, I don't see Cruz and Trump delegates on the floor ever capitulating to Kasich or a "white knight".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies