Is Talk Elections a right wing forum? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 09:26:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is Talk Elections a right wing forum? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you believe Talk Elections leans to the right?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 104

Author Topic: Is Talk Elections a right wing forum?  (Read 2445 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 17, 2022, 09:36:12 PM »
« edited: January 17, 2022, 10:48:44 PM by The Democratic Party Left Me »

The strongest blocs in Atlas, and are over represented in the mod team, are partisan democrats who go with the party regardless, but with a progressive bias. Then is a more decentralized classical liberal contingent with strong atlantacist bias—your Filluardjans, Kingpos, Kosovo avatars—then partisan Republicans.

Anyone else is basically powerless and atomized to influence things unless participating in the conflict between these forces.

Partisan Dem mods roughly include:
YE—yes, you
Virginia
Gustaf
Gas
Brittian

Lib moderates:
Dereich
Mr. X
True Fed
The bland normie
Torie
Mikado

Conservative partisans:
Rest

I should note that while there are more of the second camp mods, the structure of ownership on atlas and user base makes one side hold all the cards relatively. I should also note that this analysis speaks of nothing of moderation styles, which are too complicated to lay out. It does seem like speaking out against a certain side of the Israeli-Palestinian debate and holding support for AES states is deliberately unfavorable to the mods, and there is a hope they not frequent this forum. I am only here this long due to my general non hostile and constructive presence and post count, but who knows if that may change

Still, I should note that the civility on atlas is much better than anywhere else on the US-anglophone speaking internet, and it is relatively popular. Whether it lasted this long due to design of altruism or through data mining pacts Virginia and Dave gave into a while ago we will never know.

Yep, you got me!  Universal healthcare, mandatory minimums for white collar criminals, increasing taxes on the wealthy, a billionaire tax (50% of the individual’s income), thirteenth salary for all employees, the PRO Act, significantly greater government regulation of business in general, a capital gains tax, breaking up monopolies like Disney, FaceBook, and Amazon, free community college, capping the amount colleges and universities can charge for tuition, eliminating all student loan debt, lowering the Medicare eligibility age to 58, a $15 minimum wage, banning companies from discouraging their employees from unionizing, six months of subsidized PTO for all employees, a carbon tax,  a 35% corporate tax rate, subsidized high speed rail, requiring all corporate boards for companies whose employees are unionized to have at least two seats reserved for union reps, and creating a permanent special prosecutor’s office to investigate white collar crime within the banking industry are all certainly things classical liberals tend to support Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies