has anyone here ever received Social Security disability payments for psych...? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 03:34:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  has anyone here ever received Social Security disability payments for psych...? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: has anyone here ever received Social Security disability payments for psych...?  (Read 1131 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: December 16, 2012, 08:55:16 PM »
« edited: December 16, 2012, 09:10:06 PM by shua, gm »

Send me a check, and I'll lawyer up.  She's been through the process multiple times.  It doesn't help that she built and owned her own business for most of her working life, taking almost no salary (so while the business paid all sorts of taxes, she did not).. and thus, social security sees to benefit in paying money out to what it determines is a leech, despite her having put everything she had into running a business that employed dozens of people and brought over a half million dollars to the local economy each year.

This highlights what's so maddeningly stupid about having Social Security and associated benefits set up the way we do.  The entire pretense of earned benefits instead of a functional safety net.  I expect even if Social Security were to survive in some form I won't see a dime - due to a lack of credits in part because of (relatively mild) disability has made it harder at some times to work or find work.
Supposedly a person should be eligible for SSI in cases like this, but they have to be pretty much destitute without savings, property or even help from family. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies