Working in politics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:19:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Working in politics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Working in politics  (Read 1246 times)
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 24, 2013, 12:56:24 AM »

I worked as a fellow for the Obama campaign this summer. Basically I got tickets to an Obama rally, volunteered at my office, got peer-pressured into interning there, and worked 50 hours a week helping organize, train, and recruit volunteers, do odd jobs around the office, and the usual campaign work.

My favorite calls were from a 75-year-old anti-Semitic Gary Johnson supporter who thought that Obama and Romney were being controlled by Israel (which apparently also caused the recession to weaken us and take over our government), a very angry father who thought I was his daughter's boyfriend, and a libertarian who said I was destroying America by voting for Obama. On the other end was an hour and a half-long call with a conspiracy theorist who said that they were going to switch the vote totals between Barack Obama and Jill Stein.

And, of course, even in NH, you get the crazy racists and the people who absolutely lose their **** after you get through your first sentence.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies