Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 02:26:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 75
Author Topic: Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]  (Read 501140 times)
pepper11
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: September 15, 2008, 08:47:16 AM »

Looks like the drop off of McCain's monster Thursday and the new party ID weighting nearly cancelled each other out.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #851 on: September 15, 2008, 08:47:53 AM »

McCain 49% (-1)
Obama 47% (nc)

Rasmussen agrees with Gallup again, and all is right with the world. (Except for the McCain lead.)

Now, it this with the new weighting.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #852 on: September 15, 2008, 08:48:59 AM »

McCain 49% (-1)
Obama 47% (nc)

Rasmussen agrees with Gallup again, and all is right with the world. (Except for the McCain lead.)

Yesterday was with the new weighting too.
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #853 on: September 15, 2008, 08:57:58 AM »

Some big poll numbers will be released tonight from Rasmussen:

At 6:00 p.m. Eastern, new state polling will be released for Colorado, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 2.09

« Reply #854 on: September 15, 2008, 09:39:59 AM »

McCain 49% (-1)
Obama 47% (nc)

To my understanding, and I could be wrong, it read to me that yesterday numbers, which is today poll, is still on the old weight. But I could be wrong.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #855 on: September 15, 2008, 09:43:16 AM »

McCain 49% (-1)
Obama 47% (nc)

To my understanding, and I could be wrong, it read to me that yesterday numbers, which is today poll, is still on the old weight. But I could be wrong.

There's no reason that they couldn't immediately use the new weighting.  It's not like it affects what sample they take.  That's no guarantee that they did, but I don't see any logical reason why they wouldn't.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #856 on: September 15, 2008, 09:56:36 AM »

McCain 49% (-1)
Obama 47% (nc)

There's no reason that they couldn't immediately use the new weighting.  It's not like it affects what sample they take.  That's no guarantee that they did, but I don't see any logical reason why they wouldn't.

Well, Rasmussen said that from September 14-20, it would be with the new weighting.  So, while it's obvious that it would be today's sample, I don't know about yesterday.  Seems kinda unclear.
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 2.09

« Reply #857 on: September 15, 2008, 09:59:26 AM »

McCain 49% (-1)
Obama 47% (nc)

Well, Rasmussen said that from September 14-20, it would be with the new weighting.  So, while it's obvious that it would be today's sample, I don't know about yesterday.  Seems kinda unclear.

Yea, it is very unclear, I guess it really don't matter.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #858 on: September 15, 2008, 10:22:21 AM »
« Edited: September 15, 2008, 10:45:03 AM by Eraserhead »

At 6:00 p.m. Eastern, new state polling will be released for Colorado, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.

Well, to he's going realease polls from these states every Monday now (I guess).  I expect pretty much all of them to move slightly more toward McCain as compared to where they were last week.

Dear god, Phil is going to get annoying if we get a PA poll where they are tied or something.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #859 on: September 15, 2008, 10:24:52 AM »

McCain 49% (-1)
Obama 47% (nc)

Yea, it is very unclear, I guess it really don't matter.

Hence my question.  Smiley
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #860 on: September 15, 2008, 10:31:39 AM »

Well, he's going realease polls from these states every Monday now I think. I expect pretty much all of them to move slightly more toward McCain as compared to where they were last week.

Dear god, Phil is going to get annoying if we get a PA poll where they are tied or something.

Phil is very adamant in the case of PA falling to McCain this time, but I still think he underestimates the stubborness of the depressing steel working towns that, along with the inner cities, help tilt PA to the dems.
mypalfish
Rookie

« Reply #861 on: September 15, 2008, 10:49:01 AM »

Well, he's going realease polls from these states every Monday now I think. I expect pretty much all of them to move slightly more toward McCain as compared to where they were last week.

Phil is very adamant in the case of PA falling to McCain this time, but I still think he underestimates the stubborness of the depressing steel working towns that, along with the inner cities, help tilt PA to the dems.

I don't think McCain has a realistic chance in PA, either, but something is going on with the working class towns in Wisconsin.  In West Allis (very working class town), for example, there is no enthusiasm for Obama, even among Dems.  Now Obama will probably win Wisconsin, but those voters are "persuadable" this time, which they weren't when Kerry ran in 04.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #862 on: September 15, 2008, 10:55:59 AM »

I don't think McCain has a realistic chance in PA, either, but something is going on with the working class towns in Wisconsin.  In West Allis (very working class town), for example, there is no enthusiasm for Obama, even among Dems.  Now Obama will probably win Wisconsin, but those voters are "persuadable" this time, which they weren't when Kerry ran in 04.

Do you live in WI?

I find a lack of enthusiasm from WI Dems a little hard to believe considering how easily he crushed Clinton there...

I also don't think there is any significant chance of him doing worse then Kerry and Gore did there.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #863 on: September 15, 2008, 11:02:30 AM »

The ground game is mixed in Phila, and the White areas look less strong than they should.  I'll wait until 6:00 PM (and still probably won't make up my mind).
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #864 on: September 15, 2008, 11:04:16 AM »

The ground game is mixed in Phila, and the White areas look less strong than they should.  I'll wait until 6:00 PM (and still probably won't make up my mind).

What would you be making your mind up about exactly anyway?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #865 on: September 15, 2008, 11:59:36 AM »

How, I'm going to call the state.  I have PA as a tossup.
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #866 on: September 15, 2008, 12:06:09 PM »

We're all on tenterhooks.

By the way, is competence in grammar not a prerequisite to get into Mensa?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #867 on: September 15, 2008, 12:28:54 PM »

We're all on tenterhooks.

By the way, is competence in grammar not a prerequisite to get into Mensa?

No limits on typos.  I'll probabably have explain the difference to to you.  I'll take it
S-L-O-W-L-Y.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #868 on: September 15, 2008, 12:41:59 PM »

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. I stick around when times are tough on me. You'll have to learn to do the same.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #869 on: September 15, 2008, 05:26:44 PM »

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. I stick around when times are tough on me. You'll have to learn to do the same.

How could I leave and deprive you people of my amazing predictive powers?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #870 on: September 15, 2008, 05:57:15 PM »

How could I leave and deprive you people of my amazing predictive powers?

So far, Phil has right.  And you see my reason for waiting.
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #871 on: September 16, 2008, 08:28:46 AM »
« Edited: September 16, 2008, 08:30:20 AM by CPT MikeyMike »

Tuesday - September 16, 2008:

General: Head-to-Head

McCain: 48% (-1)
Obama: 47% (nc)

Investor confidence fell sharply overnight, but the instant reaction on Main Street has so far been more muted. Rasmussen Reports daily tracking of economic confidence shows that 65% of American consumers say the economy is getting worse. That’s down from 77% a few months ago, but up from 60% a week ago. Forty-three percent (43%) of voters say the economy is the top voting issue for Election 2008 while 23% name national security issues as the highest priority.

Forty-nine percent (49%) of voters say they trust McCain more than Obama on the economy while 45% trust Obama. These figures are updated weekly and have generally found voters evenly divided.

Today, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern, new data will be released for New York.
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

« Reply #872 on: September 16, 2008, 08:36:39 AM »

Forty-nine percent (49%) of voters say they trust McCain more than Obama on the economy while 45% trust Obama. These figures are updated weekly and have generally found voters evenly divided.
[/i]

Convention bounce half-way gone, but if this figure is true we should see a swing back towards McCain this week.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #873 on: September 16, 2008, 08:49:25 AM »

[/i]

Convention bounce half-way gone, but if this figure is true we should see a swing back towards McCain this week.

We'll have to see if Obama makes any headway against McCain on this through his latest ads and the "fundamentals are strong" issue. Right now I suppose this reflects a mix of "he'll raise my taxes" and leftover pro-drilling sentiment thoroughly leavened with basic partisanship.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #874 on: September 16, 2008, 09:07:04 AM »

[/i]

We'll have to see if Obama makes any headway against McCain on this through his latest ads and the "fundamentals are strong" issue. Right now I suppose this reflects a mix of "he'll raise my taxes" and leftover pro-drilling sentiment thoroughly leavened with basic partisanship.

Of course, for many of those who trust McCain on the economy (and most Republicans and many Independents, who lean his/their way will), it might not be their number one issue, which means that Obama may actually lead among those voters for whom the economy is the top issue

Dave
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies