Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:55:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 75
Author Topic: Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]  (Read 501132 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: September 12, 2008, 10:23:33 AM »

I'd expect Obama to get a bump in the polls due to the hurricane coverage. Every time Obama is out of the spotlight his numbers rise.

like...during the DNC?

His best poll numbers existed when he was on vacation in Hawaii.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #801 on: September 12, 2008, 11:29:49 AM »

The debates won't hardly mean jack squat, since most people will watch them with already preconceived notions.

Didn't Kerry "win" all the debates against Bush 4 years ago?  A lot of good that did him.

It did indeed do him quite a bit of good. He was behind be a healthy margin going into the debates, and almost managed to pull off a comeback win, largely due to his performance in them.

McCain's lead now is smaller than Bush's was at this point 4 years ago.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #802 on: September 12, 2008, 01:57:23 PM »

A Democrat trailing in the polls to an 80-year-old man who farts mummy dust after 8 years of GOP in the WH....in this supposed "Democratic year".     I guess American voters are some pretty racist mofos.

Obama 08 = Dukakis 88.

Sen. McCain is 73 years old and in today's world people are living well into there 90s. Also Sen. McCain is nothing like Pres. Bush, unlike Pres. Bush, Sen. McCain has a record of working with Democrats to get things done. Sen. Obama just has empty words of Hope and Change, which the American people are starting to see right through them.

Obama has all of his policies up on the website and he talks about them in his speech too.It's not his fault you are too lazy to put in any effort to go to his website or actually listen during his speeches. All Mccain has is his service in Vietnam. Seriously that is all I took away from the RNC. Except for energy they don't want to talk about issues. Hell even his campaign adviser acknowledged they want this race to be about personalities and not issues.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #803 on: September 12, 2008, 02:58:04 PM »

Excellent news
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #804 on: September 12, 2008, 03:01:04 PM »

The debates won't hardly mean jack squat, since most people will watch them with already preconceived notions.

Didn't Kerry "win" all the debates against Bush 4 years ago?  A lot of good that did him.

It did indeed do him quite a bit of good. He was behind be a healthy margin going into the debates, and almost managed to pull off a comeback win, largely due to his performance in them.

McCain's lead now is smaller than Bush's was at this point 4 years ago.

Hopefully, McCain will focus more on his future as President than on his future as a wood salesman.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #805 on: September 12, 2008, 03:03:44 PM »

Obama has all of his policies up on the website and he talks about them in his speech too.It's not his fault you are too lazy to put in any effort to go to his website or actually listen during his speeches. All Mccain has is his service in Vietnam. Seriously that is all I took away from the RNC. Except for energy they don't want to talk about issues. Hell even his campaign adviser acknowledged they want this race to be about personalities and not issues.

It looks like I got a lot more out of the RNC than you did. Maybe you should follow your own advice.

Partisan hackery plus partisan hackery equals everyone else getting headaches.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #806 on: September 12, 2008, 04:14:43 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2008, 04:18:05 PM by sbane »

It looks like I got a lot more out of the RNC than you did. Maybe you should follow your own advice.

Yeah I also got that only Republicans put their country first. I also got that tax cuts must be given to the rich because obviously only they deserve it. I also got that giving back to your community is faggy and you should rather make lots and lots of money for yourself, so the republicans can reward you with even more money with tax cuts. Oh I also got that apparently parents want a choice for their kid's education. Sorry left that out of the first comment.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #807 on: September 12, 2008, 04:22:30 PM »

lol... well congrats on fabulous media spin.

Take and old saying and somehow turn it into a sexist comment. It's remarkable - the Reps are the ones playing the politics of political correctness.

Political correctness was never a liberal position. It's just a bullsh**t position.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #808 on: September 12, 2008, 04:57:06 PM »

Yeah I also got that only Republicans put their country first. I also got that tax cuts must be given to the rich because obviously only they deserve it. I also got that giving back to your community is faggy and you should rather make lots and lots of money for yourself, so the republicans can reward you with even more money with tax cuts. Oh I also got that apparently parents want a choice for their kid's education. Sorry left that out of the first comment.

Nope, you didn't get it.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #809 on: September 12, 2008, 05:00:43 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2008, 05:15:45 PM by sbane »

Nope, you didn't get it.

Then please enlighten me.

Edit: Let me just say this. I don't really believe that all Mccain offers is his Vietnam service. I think he has some ideas for issues but I disagree with them, thus I am supporting Obama. You guys can also show us the same respect and say that I have studied Obama's views on the issue and I disagree with them, thus I am voting for Mccain. Don't just say "OMGZ HOPE N CHANGE LOLZLOLZLOLZ".
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

« Reply #810 on: September 12, 2008, 06:54:59 PM »

well said

Nope, you didn't get it.

Then please enlighten me.

Edit: Let me just say this. I don't really believe that all Mccain offers is his Vietnam service. I think he has some ideas for issues but I disagree with them, thus I am supporting Obama. You guys can also show us the same respect and say that I have studied Obama's views on the issue and I disagree with them, thus I am voting for Mccain. Don't just say "OMGZ HOPE N CHANGE LOLZLOLZLOLZ".
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #811 on: September 12, 2008, 09:05:34 PM »

When have I said 'Hope and Change LOLz?'

McCain's message was against both corrupt Dems and Repubs.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #812 on: September 12, 2008, 11:39:16 PM »

When have I said 'Hope and Change LOLz?'

McCain's message was against both corrupt Dems and Repubs.

You didn't but Key keeper did. Remember my first response was to his post.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #813 on: September 13, 2008, 05:04:44 AM »

I'd expect Obama to get a bump in the polls due to the hurricane coverage. Every time Obama is out of the spotlight his numbers rise.

like...during the DNC?

His best poll numbers existed when he was on vacation in Hawaii.

A very perceptive observation.

Most people don't want Obama, they just don't want Bush.

If the focus is on Obama, even with the fawning media, he may well lose.

If the focus is on Bush, then Obama will probably win.
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 2.09

« Reply #814 on: September 13, 2008, 08:32:11 AM »

Saturday - September 13, 2008:

General: Head-to-Head

McCain: 48% / 49%, including leaners (nc, nc)
Obama: 45% / 46%, including leaners (nc, nc)

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #815 on: September 13, 2008, 09:33:27 AM »

This has to be beyond the scope of a convention bounce. These could be some real numbers, finally.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #816 on: September 13, 2008, 10:48:44 AM »

Both the Friday numbers (not today, yesterday) for Rasmussen and Diageo look like outliers in the sample.  Of course, with Diageo, we have to wait until next week to find this out.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #817 on: September 13, 2008, 11:00:00 AM »

Both the Friday numbers (not today, yesterday) for Rasmussen and Diageo look like outliers in the sample.  Of course, with Diageo, we have to wait until next week to find this out.

I was about to say the same thing.  There could be one really solid McCain sample that will drop out.  If so, it was Thursday's sample and will be out by Monday.

States has it right though, whatever this is, it isn't bounce.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #818 on: September 13, 2008, 11:16:18 AM »

This has to be beyond the scope of a convention bounce. These could be some real numbers, finally.

Yeah, the bounce really isn't subsiding.  I'm thinking these numbers could be rock solid until the debates.
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 2.09

« Reply #819 on: September 14, 2008, 08:12:45 AM »

Sunday - September 14, 2008:

McCain:  50%, including leaners (+1)
Obama: 47%, including leaners (+1)

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows John McCain reaching the 50% level of support for the first time since Barack Obama wrapped up the Democratic Presidential Nomination. McCain retains a three-point advantage for the third straight day, 50% to 47% (see recent daily results).

Tracking Poll results are released at 9:30 a.m. Eastern Time each day and a FREE daily e-mail update is available. Earlier, Rasmussen Reports reported tracking poll results both with and without leaners. Now that Election Day is drawing near, we will report only the results with leaners.

[/quote]
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #820 on: September 14, 2008, 09:17:29 AM »

Is Rasmussen now only showing with leaners?

I also found this interesting...

Voters are evenly divided as to who they think will win, but McCain voters are now more excited about the election than Obama’s. Rasmussen Markets data gives McCain a 52.2% chance of victory while expectations for Obama are at 46.0%.

Is this the first time McCain has gone over 50% with victory expectations?
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #821 on: September 14, 2008, 09:27:10 AM »

No, but is is higher than it was before, IIRC.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #822 on: September 14, 2008, 11:05:50 AM »

Interesting.

I agree with Rasmussen as to putting the weight at the last 6 weeks, as opposed to the last 3 months.  After all, there really isn't much difference in MOE between 25,000 interviews and 45,000 interviews, and it allows him to catch any potential shifts in party ID much quicker.

I disagree with getting rid of the non-leaners number, however.  I found it quite informative and useful.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #823 on: September 14, 2008, 11:09:45 AM »

McCain getting a majority of the vote?

Yay!
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #824 on: September 14, 2008, 11:26:31 AM »

McCain getting a majority of the vote?

Yay!

If he has over 50 a week from now, that would mean something.

I cannot tell if we are expereincing the remainder of a bounce or if this is the new race.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies