Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:35:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 75
Author Topic: Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]  (Read 501157 times)
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: August 04, 2008, 11:37:56 AM »

It's early August.

The fact that Obama is only at 47% favorable amongst indies isn't good.  Especially interesting in light of all the tongue baths he has gotten from the MSM.

Again though, it's only August.  People aren't tuned in yet and won't be until after the conventions.

Plus this election cycle Rasy has had a slight lean toward the GOP. The only thing we really know is it is close for now... Thanks to the slimball McCain and his attack ads he said he wouldn't do. Ah gotta love them Republicans.

What evidence do you have for that?  I'm not trying to pin you down, I'm just curious.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #351 on: August 04, 2008, 11:48:27 AM »

Probably a close race, Obama erosion, and I'd probably give the edge to to McCain, for today at least.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #352 on: August 04, 2008, 12:03:15 PM »

It's early August.

The fact that Obama is only at 47% favorable amongst indies isn't good.  Especially interesting in light of all the tongue baths he has gotten from the MSM.

Again though, it's only August.  People aren't tuned in yet and won't be until after the conventions.

Plus this election cycle Rasy has had a slight lean toward the GOP. The only thing we really know is it is close for now... Thanks to the slimball McCain and his attack ads he said he wouldn't do. Ah gotta love them Republicans.

What evidence do you have for that?  I'm not trying to pin you down, I'm just curious.

Compaired with other national polls Rasy has always been more friendly to McCain, but I did say slight lean.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #353 on: August 04, 2008, 12:10:21 PM »

Probably a close race, Obama erosion, and I'd probably give the edge to to McCain, for today at least.

Gallup disagrees
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #354 on: August 04, 2008, 12:24:58 PM »

The saddest thing is that Obama could say "vote for me because if you don't, you're a racist" and Dave would say he didn't play the race card. It's so obvious to see that when someone keeps reminding voters that he's different than everyone else running, he's playing the race card.

Or he's trying to confront what could otherwise be a major underground liability head on by talking about how absurd it is to vote on its basis.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

More likely the media playing the Clinton-hate/everything they do must have an evil motive card, something the right has plenty of experience doing. Tongue
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: 3.23

« Reply #355 on: August 04, 2008, 01:10:43 PM »

I think the attack ads are working.  Even though it is wrong we still cannot engage is harsh attack ads and lower ourselves to that sad standard. 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #356 on: August 04, 2008, 04:07:04 PM »

You people never fail to get all worked up over summer polling... take a deep breath and relax.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #357 on: August 04, 2008, 05:13:14 PM »

You people never fail to get all worked up over summer polling... take a deep breath and relax.

which is easier said then done Tongue
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: 3.23

« Reply #358 on: August 04, 2008, 06:05:29 PM »

Is it still summer.  I think outside it was 101 degrees. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #359 on: August 04, 2008, 08:06:06 PM »

Gallup disagrees

Ah, actually, no.  Weekend bounce, which wasn't as strong as it has been.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #360 on: August 05, 2008, 09:14:06 AM »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

General: Head-to-Head

McCain: 44% / 47%, including leaners (nc, nc)
Obama: 44% / 46%, including leaners (nc, nc)

Favorability

McCain: 55% favorable; - 41% unfavorable (nc, -1)
Obama: 53% favorable; - 45% unfavorable (+2, -1)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #361 on: August 05, 2008, 10:28:09 AM »

I'm sorry, but that is bull, and people ask me why I say Rasmussen is lean toward the republicans.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #362 on: August 05, 2008, 10:43:10 AM »

I'm sorry, but that is bull, and people ask me why I say Rasmussen is lean toward the republicans.

What's bull about it?  It's essentially supported by Gallup.  There's not really any proof that it is bull, even if the proof that it isn't is somewhat thin.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #363 on: August 05, 2008, 10:48:20 AM »

What's bull about it?  It's essentially supported by Gallup.  There's not really any proof that it is bull, even if the proof that it isn't is somewhat thin.

Not to mention that it's supported by Zogby...

Sorry, Alcon - I had to get that line in.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #364 on: August 05, 2008, 10:57:55 AM »

Absolutely! Obama is supposed to be ahead, and anyone who says otherwise is run by Republicans!

McCain has no chance.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #365 on: August 05, 2008, 11:05:22 AM »

Absolutely! Obama is supposed to be ahead, and anyone who says otherwise is run by Republicans!

McCain has no chance.

Sure w/e, I just want to say American are stupid asses if the vote McCain in. We will have another 4 years of the same failed Bush ways. God, are Americans that f-ing stupid.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #366 on: August 05, 2008, 11:12:18 AM »

I'm as upset about the numbers as you are, but I don't see how there's supposed to be anything wrong with the poll.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #367 on: August 05, 2008, 11:19:29 AM »

I'm as upset about the numbers as you are, but I don't see how there's supposed to be anything wrong with the poll.

I know, I'm just over reacting
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #368 on: August 05, 2008, 11:26:45 AM »

I think it will be fine in the end. Obama will probably slaughter McCain in the debates, and then a lot of the leaners and undecideds may go his way. A lot of people still don't know much about Obama at all, whereas McCain is more well known.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #369 on: August 05, 2008, 12:00:15 PM »

I think it will be fine in the end. Obama will probably slaughter McCain in the debates, and then a lot of the leaners and undecideds may go his way. A lot of people still don't know much about Obama at all, whereas McCain is more well known.

LOL

Obama will slaughter McCain in the debates? With what? A barrage of uhs and ums? And people don't know him? Maybe that was valid a couple months ago, but a year long circle jerk in the media gave the public all they needed to know and more. The problem is that they know too much about him now.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #370 on: August 05, 2008, 12:06:17 PM »

Obama will slaughter McCain in the debates? With what? A barrage of uhs and ums?

Yeah, he's pretty bad off script.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #371 on: August 05, 2008, 12:10:16 PM »

More political analysis should contain the phrase "circle jerk."  Wait, no it shouldn't.

My inclination is that McCain has an easier road ahead with the debates -- he mostly has to stop sneering and condescending, easily his least attractive public quality.  Obama's "um" probably seems to be something he won't solve.

I've seen McCain's Arizona Senate debates, and they're unsurprisingly unimpressive.  More than anything, I expect the debates to be pretty boring and without any genuinely strong wins.  McCain has the ability to deliver an occasional devastating monotone line, and Obama can sometimes go into Teleprompter mode, but beyond that...eh.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #372 on: August 05, 2008, 12:44:35 PM »

As far as the debates go:

1. Either McCain comes across as old and tired, lacking the vitality, and Obama comes across as young and fresh, full of vitality, to tackle the challenges that lie ahead

2. Or McCain makes Obama look like a kid Tongue

Obama really needs to pin McCain on the most important issue of the day - the economy because it will determine, more than anything else, whether or not 2008 is to be a 'change' election

Dave
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #373 on: August 06, 2008, 10:17:26 AM »

Oh Nooo ! It's Obama again ! Tongue

Wednesday - August 6, 2008:

Obama: 45%, with leaners 47%, (+1, +1)
MCCain: 43%, with leaners 46%, (-1, -1)

Favorable Ratings:

McCain - 56% favorable, 41% unfavorable (+1, nc)
Obama - 54% favorable, 44% unfavorable (+1, -1)

At 3:00 p.m. Eastern, Rasmussen Reports will release new data on how viewers of different networks and news sources are planning to vote.

Data on the New Jersey Senate race will also be released at 3:00.

At 5:00 p.m., the latest numbers on the Presidential race in New Jersey and New York will be released.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #374 on: August 06, 2008, 10:23:44 AM »

People still appear to be pissed off at Obama though, despite McCains ad f****try. Maybe people just have sand in their vagina.... sorry for the vulgarity, I just got up.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies