Why do some Republicans hate President Obama that much? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:17:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why do some Republicans hate President Obama that much? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why do some Republicans hate President Obama that much?  (Read 8671 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: April 12, 2015, 05:04:34 PM »

Polarisation of the electrorate.

That said I hard feel it's a unique phenomenon for a leader to become utterly despised amongst one region or section of people. Ask an Albertan for their opinion on Trudeau, or somebody from Scotland/Soith Wales/the North about Thatcher. Sometimes decisions affect real people and it is very easy (and tempting) to pin all your hate upon a single figure. And Obama - urbane, mixed race, vaguely foreign, links to Chicagoland machine - is quite an easy figure to be twisted for certain types who aren't doing too well economically. From then on it's the whipping up of groupthink and hyperbole.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 02:28:06 PM »

I love when some partisans get into a flurry to prove themselves as completely affectless and blasé about their feelings towards the other party - while the 'other' partisan group, by contrast, are composed of incomprehensibly angry people. You're not proving anything! You're supposed to feel mad and emotional in politics - that's part of the fun of being a partisan in the first place Tongue

I think a lot of presidents intentionally cultivate the image they are mocked with. Dubya's 'gee darn I'm a cowboy' act was a genius move, for example, because the mockery it caused from the usual suspects increased his sway among elements of the base.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 02:40:14 PM »

Who do you think is more hated: Thatcher in Yorkshire or Obama in Appalachia?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies