MA: Re-Establishment of a Lieutenant Governor Amendment (Ratified) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:14:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Re-Establishment of a Lieutenant Governor Amendment (Ratified) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Re-Establishment of a Lieutenant Governor Amendment (Ratified)  (Read 3338 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 30, 2013, 07:40:31 PM »

Would anyone be interested in giving the LG powers similar to those delegated to the Vice President in the amended version of the "VP finally has a purpose amendment" at a national level?

And for ceremonial purposes, we could have the Lieutenant Governor open the Voting Booth instead, but that doesn't really matter.

That makes it a weaker office though and it really should be a strong one.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 07:57:18 PM »

If we added the powers Senators Nix and Franzl have suggested allocating to the President at a federal level to the Lieutenant Governor, I think it would be a significantly stronger position than it is under the current bill, without infringing too much on the rights of the Governor (I'm sick of hearing how "weak" the Governor is under this bill; he's not) or the Lieutenant Governor.

Alright, I'm fine with that Smiley  I thought you meant current powers.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 05:31:10 PM »

Instead of joint nominations, why not have the LG open and close the voting booth?

Because it should be a strong office with significant powers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies