TX Governor's Mansion 2022: Abbott 3rd term (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:37:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX Governor's Mansion 2022: Abbott 3rd term (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX Governor's Mansion 2022: Abbott 3rd term  (Read 2082 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: February 28, 2019, 06:53:09 PM »

If Abbott was not disabled he would be a 2024 or 2028 contender; I see him as a future Republican AG.

Putting aside my partisan hack nature for a second, Abbot isn't going to let that stop him at all. Abbott could very well run in 2024.

Anyway, the entire TX-GOP list of officials are groaning in frustration at this story. TX GOP officials are all waiting for Abbott to move on so they can move up. It's probably overall the best thing that could happen to the party as Abbott is WAY popular than, say, Patrick or Paxton or George P. Bush, who would be the primary candidates for the next governor's race if Abbott were going away.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 08:01:16 PM »

I still think Abbott wins 3rd term in 2022, by a bigger landslide victory (20 percentage points).

The margin depends on who is president, really. In a midterm under a Democratic President, yeah, Abbott could easily surpass his 2018 margin (though I'm not sure about 20 points). In a Trump midterm? No way.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies