Hobbes Senate Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:41:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Hobbes Senate Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hobbes Senate Campaign Thread  (Read 2245 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2004, 11:15:16 PM »

Wow now THAT was a good campaign ad!
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2004, 11:21:22 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It's a variant of one I've used in two Presidential election sims.  I'm quite fond of it, so thanks Phil! :-D
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2004, 08:58:25 PM »

I'd like to know your position on tax cuts Mr.Hobbes what are they?
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2004, 01:49:37 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2004, 01:52:59 PM by Mr. Hobbes »

Well, personally I believe that the U.S. Tax Code is an utter and absolute atrocity.  Even Albert Einstein called it the most difficult thing to comphrend in the entire world.

What happens in Congress is that lobbying groups for the special interests and the wealthy write loopholes into the tax code so that don't end up paying their fair share of the tax.

What we have then, is a tax system that unfairly tilts the balance on the lower and middle classes.  In the Senate, I'd demand a complete overhaul of the tax code, so that everyone only pays payroll taxes and a progressive national income tax.  

Strictly speaking, I'm a fan of tax cuts, and giving the average hard-working Atlasian a few more bucks to spend, although I would want the cuts balanced out with a cut in some unnessecery spending.  

And personally tax cuts would then be aimed at the lower and middle-classes, since they are the ones who would be more likely to take their tax credit and spend it back into the economy, where it's needed.

Although, at the moment, I do not believe any more cuts are needed.
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2004, 02:19:54 AM »
« Edited: August 08, 2004, 02:21:20 AM by Mr. Hobbes »

Hobbes Wins Fifth District Primary
Time

Some say it was the effectiveness of the last batch of ads.  Others claim it was the candidate's performance in the debates.  And some cast blame on historically low turnout.

Regardless of the reasons, Mr. Hobbes (UAC-CA), was officially rewarded with the nomination of his party on August 5th, by a final vote of five delegates to two.  Turnout was suprisingly low in this tough match-up between Hobbes and Mr. King (UAC-CA).

"The Hobbes voters came out to play," was the words of one political analyst after the seven total delegates were awarded and the nomination of the candidate confirmed.

In a rousing acceptance address, Mr. Hobbes called for "A change in tone from partisan rhetoric and the do-nothing solutions of the far right and the hard left.  Only through common sense initiatives and a spirit of cooperation will this new Senate be able to achieve the high and lofty goal of serving the Atlasian people."

Currently, Mr. Hobbes opposes sitting Republican incumbent Senator StevenNick and United Left nominee PlatypeanArchcow.
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2004, 04:09:44 PM »

I hereby challenge my competitors in this race for the Fifth District to an honest and fair debate.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies