Police (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 01:31:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Police (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Police  (Read 1931 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: July 28, 2005, 03:35:32 AM »

I have a negative view of much of what they do, not of their existence. And I'm not talking about speeding and parking tickets, I approve of those. (And the latter aren't the cops' job in Germany, strictly speaking)
What I hate is that corps mentality that pervades them. Very hard to get a cop called for any wrongdoing...and needless to say there's lots of it...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 04:49:03 AM »

Every conversation I've had with them locally includes them saying, "You live here?"

Police stereotype a lot, and it's hard to blame them.  They see their stereotypes reinforced on a regular basis, much more so than the hypocritical liberals who hide from reality as they condemn fairly realistic stereotypes.
They see those cases that reinforce the stereotype. They don't see the vast majority of people that don't fit into it because these don't have nearly as much dealings with the police.
It's like shrinks having a totally unrealistic vision of what a "normal" human personality is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies