Is it sad that more people could name a US supreme court case than one by their own highest court? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 12:39:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Is it sad that more people could name a US supreme court case than one by their own highest court? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is it sad that more people could name a US supreme court case than one by their own highest court?  (Read 1164 times)
EastAnglianLefty

« on: July 01, 2022, 04:36:50 AM »

I don’t think it’s sad (at least for us). I’m very happy to live in a country where the laws are determined democratically rather than by 9 unelected political activists masquerading as judges.
I mean the Uk supreme court had it's own share of controversy with regards to several brexit rullings, Judge Hale even achived minor celebrity status.

That was in a rare, short period of minority government and was followed by a large legislative mandate. Government is rarely so divided and dysfunctional that the Court wields the kind of power it did then.

The UK Supreme Court was also visible uncomfortable with having to be involved in the process.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies