GOP VP Short-List (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:34:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  GOP VP Short-List (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP VP Short-List  (Read 2744 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: April 09, 2010, 05:33:52 PM »

Mitch Daniels  (gives Indiana) (Indiana will go Rep anyway)
Tim Pawlenty  (Makes a strong push for Minnesota) (no teabbagging way)
Bob McDonnell  (Makes a strong push for Virginia)

I'm drawing a blank here, but I would aim for a term limited or former Governor who is young-ish, fiscally conservative, and doesn't appear to be a nutjob to independents.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 07:28:50 PM »

Ron Paul
Rand Paul
Gary Johnson
Peter Schiff
Michele Bachmann

Hack without a sense of reality.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 08:30:58 PM »

No self-respecting candidate would ever choose her, ever. She makes Sarah Palin look like a genius.

Uh, Michele Bachmann is way more intelligent and open-minded than Sarah Palin is.

How did you come up with that brilliant conclusion?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 08:39:27 PM »

No self-respecting candidate would ever choose her, ever. She makes Sarah Palin look like a genius.

Uh, Michele Bachmann is way more intelligent and open-minded than Sarah Palin is.

How did you come up with that brilliant conclusion?

Uh, by listening to and reading about both of them.

I'm not really sure if that makes her more intelligent.

"Little children will be forced to learn that homosexuality is normal and natural and perhaps they should try it."

"Iran is the troublemaker trying to tip over apple carts all over Baghdad right now because they want America to pull out. And you know why? It’s because they’ve already decided, that they’re going to territory, they’re- they’re going to partition Iraq and half of Iraq, the western northern portion of Iraq is going to be called, the United, uh, uh, the, the uh, -oh, I’m sorry, I can’t remember the actual name of it now, but it’s going to be called, um, uh, the, the, uh, uh the Iraq State of Islam, something like that. And I-I’m sorry, I-I don’t have the official name, but it is meant to be the training ground for the terrorists. There’s already an agreement made; they’re going to get half of Iraq and that is going to be a –a terrorist free,-a terrorist safe haven zone."

"I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out: Are they pro-America or anti-America?"
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 09:06:23 PM »

I dunno.. Maybe Collins, Thune, Jindal, Daniels, or Ryan.  It really all depends on who the candidate is. I have no faith that Pawlenty brings anything to the table that will bring people out to vote. Anyone who thinks that he could actually help the state swing to Republicans, or make it a swing at this point are crazy.

Collins will never be accepted due to pro-choice stance.

Remember how Buchanan threaten to run 3rd party candidacy if Dole selects pro-choice running-mate. That attitude never changed.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 02:14:42 AM »

I dunno.. Maybe Collins, Thune, Jindal, Daniels, or Ryan.  It really all depends on who the candidate is. I have no faith that Pawlenty brings anything to the table that will bring people out to vote. Anyone who thinks that he could actually help the state swing to Republicans, or make it a swing at this point are crazy.

Collins will never be accepted due to pro-choice stance.

Remember how Buchanan threaten to run 3rd party candidacy if Dole selects pro-choice running-mate. That attitude never changed.

People are concerned about the economy, deficit, taxation, and terrorism. Collins also is slightly more conservative than Snowe, so there is more acceptance for her if she moves slightly to right if she were on a national ticket.

She'd need to have "heart change" just before elections, like Romney did, lol.

Otherwise, ticket would go down due to own Republican voters and Libertas is actually right about that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies