Israel general discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:55:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel general discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Israel general discussion  (Read 228904 times)
sverkol

« on: January 16, 2018, 08:13:31 AM »

the meretz party primary really intresting,as a labour member i considering to cancel my labour membarship and registar as a meretz member and voting for tamar znazberg.
tamar is great-she is pro Legalization of marijuana,pro Freedom from religion and i think this is the way that meretz should go,the Legalization thing alone worth At least two Mandates.                     
  but i also want to replace the disaster who called avi gabay so it is a tough choice.
sverkol

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 08:32:34 AM »
« Edited: January 16, 2018, 09:08:38 AM by sverkol »

the meretz party primary really intresting,as a labour member i considering to cancel my labour membarship and registar as a meretz member and voting for tamar znazberg.
tamar is great-she is pro Legalization of marijuana,pro Freedom from religion and i think this is the way that meretz should go,the Legalization thing alone worth At least two Mandates.                     
  but i also want to replace the disaster who called avi gabay so it is a tough choice.
Gabay won’t stand for re-election until 18 months past the next General Election
Unless the Labour Party Conference will imeach him and called for another primary like they did to Benjamin ben Eliezer
sverkol

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 03:59:40 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2018, 05:19:08 PM by sverkol »

Gabay won’t stand for re-election until 18 months past the next General Election
Unless the Labour Party Conference will imeach him and called for another primary like they did to Benjamin ben Eliezer
There’s absolutely no way this happens.
More and more people in the Labour Party(even those who supported Gabay) unsderstand that he as a phony,a right winger who stole the Labour Party.
Especially after he tried to force the Labour mk's to vote for deportation of refugees)and not successfully)
So dont underestimate on that possibility.
sverkol

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 09:55:29 AM »
« Edited: January 17, 2018, 02:56:16 PM by sverkol »

There’s absolutely no way this happens.
More and more people in the Labour Party(even those who supported Gabay) unsderstand that he as a phony,a right winger who stole the Labour Party.
Especially after he tried to force the Labour mk's to vote for deportation of refugees)and not successfully)
So dont underestimate on that possibility.
If this happens before a GE the party will fall to single digits. More likely is Peretz breaking away with rebels and Gilon joining him after he loses that old tw*t

Right now the party is falling on the polls.
Peretz isn't going to do the same mistake that he did 5 years ago,he will stay and wait after that Gabay will crash in the election(and he will).
I voted for Peretz in the primary(the only dovish candidate maybe exept margalit and the only one who could became pm) but i prefer  EVREYONE  than the phony Gabay(exept Shelly).
Especially after Gabay supported deportion of refugees to their death!
sverkol

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 11:44:50 AM »
« Edited: January 21, 2018, 04:16:24 PM by sverkol »

New walla news poll:
YA:25
Likud:24
ZU:15
JH:13
JL:11
UTJ:8
Kulanu:8
Meretz:7
YB:5
Shas:4
Nothing new,Netanyahu still has a coalition,Shas falling because Deri investigations,Gabay doing pretty weakly and Meretz getting a little more stronger because Gabay right-winger stands on many issues.
Other intersting poll is about the stands of Likud voters on Yair Netanyahu(son of):
nietral opinion:45%
negative opinion:31%
positive oponion:19%
don't know:5%
sverkol

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 05:45:55 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2018, 05:48:42 PM by sverkol »

MK Youssef Al-Atouna resigned to keep the Byzantine balance within the joint Arab list. Someone from Balad places 18th will be sworn in instead. Interestingly if 2 more resign we’ll have a second Jew on the list with Lea Zemmel, that will be the first Hadash had 2 Jewish MKs since 1989
She is from Balad,not Hadash.
She might be the first jewish MK from balad and the third female.
sverkol

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 09:17:15 AM »
« Edited: February 02, 2018, 09:55:58 AM by sverkol »

I read in rotter net forum that 10 ZU MK's planing to spilt from ZU.
According to the constitution of the Labor Party if two third of the MK's spilting from the party so they taking with them the party name and its institutions,because 5 of the 10 MK's are from the Hatnua must be another 8 MK's from Labour to this move.
I dont know if it is true (Israel Hayom) but i hope so.
sverkol

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 09:55:12 AM »

I read i rotter net forum that 10 ZU MK's planing to spilt from ZU.
According to the constitution of the Labor Party if two third of the MK's spilting from the party so they taking with them the party name and its institutions,because 5 of the 10 MK's are from the Hatnua must be another 8 MK's from Labour to this move.
I dont know if it is true (Israel Hayom) but i hope so.

Link? Sounds like utter rubbish to me
http://www.israelhayom.co.il/article/532477
sverkol

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 12:10:29 PM »

it remains to be seen, officially we need to wait for the decision of the attorney general. But public opinion could be harsh if Bennet or Kachlon won't demand his head right now.

some facts:
- the sum of money in the first bribe case is 1 million NIS (around 12 times the sum Olmert went to jai for)
- Bibi did not refute this claim in his speech, but rather claimed he did not provide anything in return
- Lapid is a witness in one of the cases as he claimed Bibi wanted to pass a legislation giving tax breaks to "returning citizens" for 10 years while he was the Minister of the Treasury
It isn't a conflict of interests? will court accepted that?
sverkol

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 12:26:11 AM »
« Edited: February 21, 2018, 12:50:55 AM by sverkol »

Gabay admitted that the falling of the Labour party on the polls is part of his fault,now he should step down and give to a real leader the chance to beat the corrupt Likud government.
My offer is Tzipi Livni-smart,talented,charismatic,experienced and beautiful women.
sverkol

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 06:31:37 AM »

Well, when things fall apart the pace is accelerating. Bibi's top adviser who's now under arrest is now believed to have offered a sitting judge the position of an attorney general if she closes the criminal cases against Sarah Netanyahu. Bibi denies any knowledge but this is not all that different than the Bar On-Hebron scandal of his first tenure

Yep, and now there's another top advisor and former CEO of the Communications Ministry who will be a state witness against Netanyahu in the investigation about him giving Bezek (a communications firm) owner Shaul Elovitch benefits in exchange for better coverage in the media firm he owns at the same time, Walla. We now see in full light how corrupt the system of government-media barons is.
It's actually quite ironic- Netanyahu's obsession with media coverage will take him down, while he could've stayed on as PM for years more, bad coverage or not, if not for these investigations.
Waiting to see who’s the first Likud minister to show him the door
No one,the are all cowards,all the Likud ministers and MK's.
Exept Hazan who is a joke anyway.
sverkol

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 01:34:54 PM »

Gabay admitted that the falling of the Labour party on the polls is part of his fault,now he should step down and give to a real leader the chance to beat the corrupt Likud government.
My offer is Tzipi Livni-smart,talented,charismatic,experienced and beautiful women.
The leader of the ZU must be the leader of the Labour party. As to her appearance, I don't see how that's relevant, Shaked is rather attractive yet I would rather have Hazan as PM.

Well the news is all doom and gloom today with everyone asking when instead of if he should resign\be forced out. I think it will take a while but when it does it will be similar to the last 2 days, one crack in the dam and the coalition with his premiership will be dead and we'll have a snap election.
If Livni would decide to run separately from the Labour,she has my vote.
I am not ready to support right-winger even if he is from my party.
Snap election isn't going to happean! Kahlon made it pretty claer.
sverkol

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 05:27:32 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2018, 05:31:07 PM by sverkol »

So, uh, is this, like, actually happening? Is Bibi finally leaving the premiership once and for all? This is surreal.
It will be a while still but legally I can’t see him escaping indictment now let alone actual jail time. I would caution that he’s going to burn every bridge and create every constitutional crisis he can along the way. Likud voters don’t care much for this anyway so they’ll support him even if he’s charged with murder. they are really the lowest form of citizens, I have more fruitful discussions with JH voters
But wouldn't he become toxic to Likud's chances in the next election? I say this because here we had, and still have, a similar situation involving the former PS PM José Sócrates. At the beginning almost everybody in the PS, except Costa, supported him and tried to defend him but as time passed, and the proofs became more and more irrefutable, the support some PS members were giving him was, in part, damaging the PS in the polls, leading to their defeat in the 2015 elections.

My point is that Bibi could become a liability to the party, but how powerfull is the Likud "establishment" in order to force him out in a way to save their chances in the next elections?

Unfourtunately, Israel isn't Portugal. It appears like you have an electorate with some morals that cares about corruption and wants its leaders to be... well, not criminals who act like mob leaders. In Israel, sadly, the electorate has been incited to see evil leftists everywhere- the media, the judiciary branch, and now even the police. For them, it's all the evil leftist elite trying to hunt their King. This is ironic, considering that of all people, Jews should know to recognize scapegoating and hatemongering. Hopefully I'm wrong, but this is my feeling about our political system right now, and why I find American politics more interesting. There's no hope in the end of the tunnel, not at the moment.

And considering that the strongest opposition is the incredibly spineless Lapid, I have no doubt that even in the snap election, Likud will be the largest party and probably will form a government.
Even if YA will be the largest party,Lapid still can't build coalition and Gabay turns out to be a complete joke,we are going to suffer from a Likud govermont for a very long time.
Thank you Shelly Yachimovich!
sverkol

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 05:58:51 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2018, 06:03:44 PM by sverkol »

The leader of the ZU must be the leader of the Labour party. As to her appearance, I don't see how that's relevant, Shaked is rather attractive yet I would rather have Hazan as PM.

Well the news is all doom and gloom today with everyone asking when instead of if he should resign\be forced out. I think it will take a while but when it does it will be similar to the last 2 days, one crack in the dam and the coalition with his premiership will be dead and we'll have a snap election.

Livni isn't that much of a leftist either. I respect her, but she was a classical Likud member once, then she was a centrist, then she joined Netanyahu's government (and sat with Bennett) and now she's in an alliance with Labour. That's not a particularly leftist record.
Maybe your idol mister kibin**at Margalit sees that being a former Likud member/voter
as a bad thing,but i don't see any problem.
Livni committed to the peace since she left the Liked with Sharon,Olmert and others.
She joined to a Liked govermont for a peace deal.
sverkol

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 11:46:54 AM »
« Edited: February 23, 2018, 11:52:43 AM by sverkol »

Livni isn't that much of a leftist either. I respect her, but she was a classical Likud member once, then she was a centrist, then she joined Netanyahu's government (and sat with Bennett) and now she's in an alliance with Labour. That's not a particularly leftist record.
Maybe your idol mister kibin**at Margalit sees that being a former Likud member/voter
as a bad thing,but i don't see any problem.
Livni committed to the peace since she left the Liked with Sharon,Olmert and others.
She joined to a Liked govermont for a peace deal.

Lol, I'm just saying that if you accuse Gabbay of being a right-winger, Livni isn't some leftist hero either. That's all.
Gabbay said that he won't evacuate settlemenst and Livni spoke against it.
She is leftier than Gabbay.
sverkol

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2018, 05:31:46 PM »
« Edited: February 25, 2018, 05:40:23 PM by sverkol »

Channel 10 published a tax massage between the judge and the prosecutor in case 4000 in which they coordinated arrests.
Netanyahu going to celebrate this and unfortunately he has a justified reason.
sverkol

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2018, 10:43:12 AM »
« Edited: February 27, 2018, 11:01:55 AM by sverkol »

Livni spoke an amazing speech in the knesset against baning breaking the silence in schools bill.
Gabbay few mounth ago spoke against "Braking the silence",he is no better than Netanyhau.
Livni should run separately from the Labour and take with her mk's like Yossi Yona ans Shapir.
sverkol

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2018, 05:03:01 AM »

Go Buskila!
sverkol

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 09:32:42 AM »

New Walla poll.
Likud-30
YA-24
JH-11
JL-10
JU-10(!)
Meretz-8
UTJ-8
Kulanu-7
YB-7
Shas-4

I'm proud to say that i voted for Amir Peretz for Labour leadership.
sverkol

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2018, 10:04:43 AM »

Dat Meretz tho. Also, these numbers are of course depressing etc. The only way to get rid of the wannabe despot is throwing him to jail, it seems, because our people are mind-controlled fanatics who don't care about corruption or basic democratic values.
Also because that the alternatives are weak,Amir Peretz would done much better in the polls.
sverkol

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2018, 11:31:52 AM »
« Edited: March 08, 2018, 11:42:07 AM by sverkol »

Dat Meretz tho. Also, these numbers are of course depressing etc. The only way to get rid of the wannabe despot is throwing him to jail, it seems, because our people are mind-controlled fanatics who don't care about corruption or basic democratic values.
Also because that the alternatives are weak,Amir Peretz would done much better in the polls.

I agree that the alternatives are weak, but I think that Peretz would've just been a stable leader rather than a gaffe-prone mess like Herzog or Gabbay (which, tbh, we already should've anticipated after how Margalit humiliated him), and would've constantly polled in the mid-to-high teens. The fact that Liked is at 30 mandates while the depths and darkness of the Netanyahu corruption are being revealed shows how hopeless our electorate is.
You voted fot Gabbay in the second round,no?
I remeber the part of the debate that you talking about,it's probably hurted Margalit more than it hurted Gabbay.
The kibini**t video,his aggressive behavior cost him the leadership.
If he want to return to politicts he should hire other communications consultants.
It is not only Netanyahu's expected victory in the next elections that depresses me,i really don't know if the Labour Party in Israel has a future.
Who will replace Gabbay after the next elections?
Peretz probably won't run again,Bar Lev has Charisma of a fish,Shapir too young.
Gantz? we saw how the last four Chiefs of Staff "succeeded" in politics.
I thought about Svetlova but i don't think that she will leave Livni.
What a depression.
sverkol

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2018, 12:02:19 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2018, 12:09:41 PM by sverkol »

Orly Levy establishing a new party.
Yaalon also establishing a new party and announced that 50% of the party list going to be females  (LOL, he acually thinks that he would pass the 3.25 percent block )
sverkol

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2018, 10:05:20 AM »

I think that the majority of their supporters will vote for Buskila despite their endorsement.
sverkol

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2018, 12:34:55 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2018, 01:03:24 PM by sverkol »

I think that the majority of their supporters will vote for Buskila despite their endorsement.
With Gilon definitely not and his supporters will mainly flock to Zandberg (they pushed for the endorsement). With Dabush, there weren’t all that many, some will move to Buskila but the majority will just stay home. Buskila hardly ran an inspiring campaign and instead of using it as a platform for the list primaries he managed to anger quite a lot of people. Can’t see anything but a landslide here
Many of the Gilon supporters feeling that Meretz not connecting with the public in the periphery,Buskila is much better option for them than Tamar(wich i like but she can't bring more votes to Mererz).
Endorsment is such overrated thing,i remind you that in the last Labour primary in the first round Peretz got 32% Margalit and Herzog got both also 32% together ,thay both endorsed Peretz and Gabbay still won.
sverkol

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2018, 10:04:44 AM »

With Gilon definitely not and his supporters will mainly flock to Zandberg (they pushed for the endorsement). With Dabush, there weren’t all that many, some will move to Buskila but the majority will just stay home. Buskila hardly ran an inspiring campaign and instead of using it as a platform for the list primaries he managed to anger quite a lot of people. Can’t see anything but a landslide here
Many of the Gilon supporters feeling that Meretz not connecting with the public in the periphery,Buskila is much better option for them than Tamar(wich i like but she can't bring more votes to Mererz).
Endorsment is such overrated thing,i remind you that in the last Labour primary in the first round Peretz got 32% Margalit and Herzog got both also 32% together ,thay both endorsed Peretz and Gabbay still won.
I suspect you don't know how the reds (as they call themselves) work. They decided on that bottom to top, meaning they had 2 meetings with 500 supporters to decide who they will turn to. Gilon's group is very cohesive and it's not like he dictates the play there (prof. Gutwein does).

As to Buskila he might have been alternative, but he's clueless on economics and wouldn't give them the concessions they wanted (Tammy pretty much outsourced the economic part of the platform to them).

Bar for Peretz no one in Labour had any effective control on his voters so the analogy is unfit.

And as I said Buskila hardly ran an impressive campaign and Meretz members appreciate political experience and commitment more than to accept an absolute no one who came from no where with no clear positions.
Your distate from every sephard candidate is racist.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies