Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:09:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific  (Read 11152 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: August 05, 2009, 10:06:44 PM »
« edited: August 05, 2009, 10:08:18 PM by Wyatt Chеsney »

Alexander, there once was a second party in the Pacific, but we merged with the JCP. I wouldn't really call the Pacific "divisively partisan" just "heavily JCP."

Can you please not lie? It's not very nice, you see.

Very serious time:

You promise "unity". Yet you hold membership in the RPP, which is led by Fluffy, who is known for recruiting zombie voters and demanding the most intense loyalty to the party line. How do you reconcile this?

Note: This question does not involve the questioner; therefore, kindly avoid any reference to the questioner in your answer.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 08:46:02 PM »

What sort of reform?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 08:57:06 PM »

What would this tax code reform entail?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 09:54:56 PM »

Eliminating any general sales tax because they disproportionately affect poor people.

Excellent. But how do you plan on recouping this lost revenue?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 09:59:13 PM »

Eliminating any general sales tax because they disproportionately affect poor people.

A restructured income tax, as well as basic income tax revenue increases that will come with the jobs created by the freer flow of commerce. Without sales tax, poorer people and everyone else as well, can afford just that much more purchasing power, and jobs will be needed to produce goods to keep up with broader demand.

What would a restructuring entail?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 12:37:25 AM »

A restructured income tax, as well as basic income tax revenue increases that will come with the jobs created by the freer flow of commerce. Without sales tax, poorer people and everyone else as well, can afford just that much more purchasing power, and jobs will be needed to produce goods to keep up with broader demand.

What would a restructuring entail?

I am still working out those details in the legislation but I am considering raising higher income taxes just a bit, and also expanding the lottery. Nothing is for sure yet though.

I see.

Moving this discussion where it belongs:

I'm sorry but Xahar is someone who's initial encounter with me involved personal attacks for no reason.

Did it really? Was it the Hitler/Stalin deal? My apologies if I did, though I don't think I fired any attacks.

No, it was because I decided to run for this seat.

Those weren't personal attacks. Those were advice.

I must say I disagree with your previous contentions about this race.

Fine, but they weren't personal attacks. Agreed? As for your disagreement, the same thing happened to me in my first race. The problem is that most of your support lies outside the region. You may end up winning, but remember that all those endorsements from prominent Atlasians don't really mean a thing in the voting booth. If you want any real chance, you'll need to be doing work behind the scenes.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 12:44:57 AM »

I'm sorry but Xahar is someone who's initial encounter with me involved personal attacks for no reason.

Did it really? Was it the Hitler/Stalin deal? My apologies if I did, though I don't think I fired any attacks.

No, it was because I decided to run for this seat.

Those weren't personal attacks. Those were advice.

I must say I disagree with your previous contentions about this race.

Fine, but they weren't personal attacks. Agreed? As for your disagreement, the same thing happened to me in my first race. The problem is that most of your support lies outside the region. You may end up winning, but remember that all those endorsements from prominent Atlasians don't really mean a thing in the voting booth. If you want any real chance, you'll need to be doing work behind the scenes.

I know that only the Pacific matters. I think that Pacific voters will see that I am truly the best candidate for this office in the end.

A lot of Pacific voters aren't going to see anything except their PM from the Attorney General.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 03:53:41 PM »

Smear campaigns have a tendancy to blow up in the face of the candidate doing the smearing. Just ask Elizabeth Dole. The fact that Ebowed's supporters are getting more desperate to throw dirt on you, is just a sign that they actually see you as a big valid threat.

Or we're just bored.

Yeah that's a reason too I guess Tongue And you're quite successful on that at least, cause this is the most intresting election since the Precidency if you ask me. 

Amazing that it is over the position of Lt. Governor in one of the less active regions. I'm hoping it's a sign of changing winds.

Doubt it.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 04:40:08 PM »

You can preference anyone if you preference None of the Above.

I assume you mean "can't"?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies