Who do you think will win the Vienna state election ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:25:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Who do you think will win the Vienna state election ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
SPÖ

FPÖ

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Who do you think will win the Vienna state election ?  (Read 3878 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: August 24, 2015, 01:39:26 PM »

The only way that the SPOe redeem themselves is if they increase immigration levels; people are probably unhappy with the centre-left because there hasn't been enough immigration.

You're partly right. The solution to the "problem" of immigration is to draw in more immigrants and naturalize them, so as to drown out the racist vote. This strategy is already starting to pay off in the US. I wish Europe was smart enough to follow suit...

As for the poll question, in case of a tie I always bet on the worst outcome, so FPÖ.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 04:42:49 PM »

Besides, it's deeply disturbing that you advocate naturalizing foreigners only for the purpose of winning elections for center-left parties. If they have to rely solely on this to win, they are politically bankrupt because it shows that they have no solutions to actual problems...

That's not the only reason I support it. I also think taking in more immigrants is morally right as well as beneficial both economically and culturally. In short, there are only advantages. The electoral marginalization of racists is only a welcome side-effect. Wink

Besides, it's deeply disturbing that you advocate naturalizing foreigners only for the purpose of winning elections for center-left parties. If they have to rely solely on this to win, they are politically bankrupt because it shows that they have no solutions to actual problems ...

That's liberals for ya Smiley

Indeed!

Liberals - bringing in new voters to win elections.

Conservatives - disenfranchising voters to win elections.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 05:55:32 PM »

Antonio, no offense but your politics are what happens when moralistic signalling gets out of control.

Why? Is being radically pro-immigration an inherently moralistic stance, can't it be defended on utilitarian grounds as well?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 05:53:21 AM »

In the case you guys don't get it, the tone of my post wasn't exactly serious. The substance was (I believe that more immigration would be a blessing for European societies) but the overreaction to what was only me putting that in terms designed to annoy Hifly and his fellow xenophobic trolls is getting ridiculous.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 07:04:31 AM »

Besides, it's deeply disturbing that you advocate naturalizing foreigners only for the purpose of winning elections for center-left parties. If they have to rely solely on this to win, they are politically bankrupt because it shows that they have no solutions to actual problems...

That's not the only reason I support it. I also think taking in more immigrants is morally right as well as beneficial both economically and culturally. In short, there are only advantages. The electoral marginalization of racists is only a welcome side-effect. Wink

Why should it be morally right to crowd out a people in their own homeland?

Because I don't believe that being born on the right side of a border gives you a right to deny people who were born on the wrong side the same chances you had in your life. As long as they conform to the basic democratic rules of the place they settle in, people should have the right to live wherever they want to.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 01:52:18 PM »

Blame Hifly.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 04:16:09 AM »

Yes he is, just read the first post in this thread. He is the one who randomly started trolling about immigration.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies