Former White House of Purple State/Marokai Blue (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:37:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Former White House of Purple State/Marokai Blue (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Former White House of Purple State/Marokai Blue  (Read 24432 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 02, 2010, 01:10:07 AM »
« edited: November 05, 2010, 04:43:59 PM by Purple State »

Welcome to the Purple State/Marokai Blue administration!

Our office is currently being furnished and redecorated in anticipation of our official swearing in tomorrow. Because I will not have access to the forum until later in the day (read: after noon), I want to have this thread up and ready to go for our first few initiatives tomorrow.

Feel free to leave comments, questions, etc. as always.

~PS and the team
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 08:44:08 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2010, 08:45:45 PM by President Purple State »

Executive Action

By the power vested in me, I hereby nominate the following individuals for their respective positions for confirmation by the Senate:

Realpolitik (aka Al), as Game Moderator.

Peter, as Attorney General.

Meeker, as Secretary of Federal Elections.

Fritz, as Registrar General.

Winston Disraeli, as Secretary of Internal Affairs.

Benconstine, as Secretary of External Affairs.

By the power vested in me, I hereby appoint Teddy to be Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs, with optional review by the Senate within five days.

Signed,
~PS
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 08:45:22 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2010, 12:56:46 AM by President Purple State »

Executive Order Outlining Wiki Responsibilities in the Executive Branch

Whereas, the need for a fully updated and complete Wiki is of the utmost importance for the long-term sustainability of the game;

Be it therefore resolved, that the following duties be given to the members of the executive branch with regards to the Wiki:

1. The President shall be charged with the creation and maintenance of a “Help:Editing” page, and he shall be responsible for the maintenance of the Presidents of Atlasia page and all other pages pertaining directly to his duties.

2. The Vice President shall be charged with the maintenance of the front page of the Wiki, including the list of all executive officers, and he shall be responsible for the maintenance of the Vice Presidents of Atlasia page.

3. The Attorney General shall be charged with providing timely updates to and cleaning up the Statute page, which shall include the process of moving all repealed legislation to a separate list, and he shall be responsible for the maintenance of the Attorney Generals page.

4. The Secretary of Federal Elections shall be charged with providing a schedule of federal elections for the next year on the Wiki and adding results of each federal election to the Wiki, and he shall be responsible for the maintenance of the Secretary of Federal Elections page.

5. The remaining officers of the executive branch shall be responsible for updating their respective pages and for providing those updates and improvements to the Wiki as they shall see fit.

Signed,
~PS
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 04:02:09 PM »

Executive Proclamation

I want to wish everyone a happy July 4th weekend! I know things will probably be slow until Tuesday or Wednesday and I look forward to hitting the ground running as everyone trickles back in.

I will provide a status update on our progress around the end of the week and I will hopefully be able to call the Constitutional Convention fairly soon, so look forward to a busy few weeks!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 11:25:40 PM »

Announcement

I have begun the Help:Editing page on the Wiki. It is available at the top of the Wiki Main Page and can be accessed whenever you go to edit any page (if you look down to the right by the "Save page" button).

Feel free to offer any tips for what should be included as the project continues.

~PS
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 12:55:11 AM »

Executive Order Calling a Constitutional Convention

Whereas, a majority of the regions have requested a Constitutional Convention, with the two remaining regions likely following suit shortly; and,

Whereas, Article VII, Section 2 of the Atlasian Constitution says that upon petition by the citizens of a majority of the regions the President shall call for a Convention with the advice and consent of the Senate;

Be it therefore resolved, that I hereby call for the creation of a Constitutional Convention for the purposes of consolidating the Constitution and amendments and closing loopholes and considering the possibility of a legislative reboot; and

Be it further resolved, that I ask that the Senate begin consideration of a Convention and the regulations for such an endeavor. This process should be straightforward, yet duly considered, and I trust that the Senate will choose the most efficient and appropriate way to conduct the Convention.

Signed,
~PS
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 01:21:16 AM »

If I may make a suggestion, an ongoing problem in Atlasia has been that Constitutional amendments are often passed without fanfare. In some cases, this has meant that they have gone unrecorded & subsequently being forgotten for a period of months. I was reminded of this fact by RG Fritz's comment on the recent amendment allowing more frequent intra-regional moves apparently having passed.

As such, Mr. President, I would like to suggest that, upon the passage of any amendment, you make an official statement recognizing that fact. While there may still be a problem of amendments going unrecorded in the wiki, it should help alleviate the issue of people forgetting about the amendment & not knowing whether or not it passed unless they decide to systematically inspect the voting booths.

This is actually a fine idea and one I will likely implement.

Honestly, there is an array of issues with how we do amendments to the Constitution and no easy way to fix those problems given the nature of the game.

As one example, currently an amendment goes to national referendum almost immediately upon passage by the Senate. However, that does not often draw votes from much of Atlasia and so the less active players may not only miss a vote, but they may also never even know that the vote took place or that the amendment exists. A rational solution would be to move those referendums to coincide with the next federal elections for regional senators (to make it easier to track results by region); however, this poses a problem for emergency amendments that effect the election process.

And that is just one example. Wink

One surefire way to make the amendment process slightly easier is for the Senate to only consider truly important amendments, rather than miscellaneous items. I will be the first to admit that I failed to live up to that standard as a senator, but once we consolidate I hope it can be implemented as an unwritten tradition.

Anyway, all of that was a long way of saying "Great idea!"
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 01:59:31 AM »

Announcement

First, I will be announcing my pick to replace VP Marokai Blue on the Supreme Court tomorrow night so stay tuned.

Second, there is a budget committee still floating around whose mission I support and which I want to see make some sort of effort to study and understand this issue. If confirmed, GM-designee Al will preside over the committee, but there are two additional members that I am statutorily bound to appoint. Please PM me if you are interested in serving on this committee.

Thanks!
~PS
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 12:03:15 AM »

Executive Action

By the power vested in me, I hereby appoint Ebowed to be Associate Justice on the Supreme Court of Atlasia for confirmation by the Senate.

Signed,
~PS
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 08:00:07 PM »

Mr. President, there is a bill on your desk: The Fusion Ballot Reform Act.

(Note that right now I'm only exercising PPT powers via OSPR Article II, Section 2, Clause 1.c, which states the PPT can do things "in any case where the President of the Senate has failed to uphold the provisions of this Procedural Resolution when it is in his power to do so individually. " I'm interpreting this, perhaps very broadly, to open and close votes when enough time has elapsed and such.)

Thank you for notifying me BK.

Because the bill, as presented to the Senate for passage, had a typo, would it be possible to quote the bill (and future bills), as amended by the discretion of the PPT for such changes, and post it in this thread? It will make the process of signature considerably easier.

Thanks! Smiley
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 08:08:15 PM »

Announcement

I want to thank the Senate for the expeditious consideration and confirmation of my Cabinet nominations. The debate was thorough and I am glad that the nominees and I were able to assuage the concerns that many had.

I would also like to issue the following Executive Order:

Executive Order to Kick It Into High Gear

Whereas, the Senate has duly considered and approved the President's Cabinet appointments; and

Whereas, this President has an ambitious agenda which could be described as raving mad;

Therefore, be it resolved that the Cabinet join the President and Vice President and kick it into high  gear.

Signed,
~PS
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 09:55:07 PM »

Executive Action

By the power vested in me under the Budget Process Renewal Committee Act, I hereby appoint Inks.LWC and Vice President Marokai Blue to the Budget Process Committee.

Signed,
~PS
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 10:20:09 PM »

Announcement

I humbly ask that a senator propose this resolution on my behalf for consideration of the calling of a Constitutional Convention.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 11:07:23 PM »

Executive Action

I sign,
~Purple State

Libertas gets the pen used for the signing. Congratulations.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 10:06:02 PM »

I may take the weekend to think about this. The concept of the bill is sound, but I am interested in reviewing the specifics that the Senate chose and did not choose in carrying out that concept.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2010, 11:05:59 AM »

Executive Action

I veto.

While the votes are there to override, I think the Senate should take the time to address two major issues that were mentioned in debate of the bill: paying for the program and preventing abuse of non-fradulent loopholes.

If the Senate feels that the economy is still struggling and continued deficit spending is appropriate, I urge them to include provisions that will offset the expenditures with increased revenue down the road.

I also do not feel that clause 4 is specific or strong enough to prevent a company from hiring, firing and re-hiring workers over and over for tax credits. Doing that would be legal within the law.

~PS
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »

Public Purple State has taken a much different tact than Private Purple State, apparently.

I completely support the concepts laid out in your legislative proposals, as I indicated in private. But as I have said previously, the concepts need to be fleshed out more fully by the Senate. If the Senate is sending me one-dimensional policies, I will send them back and ask for more detail and greater complexity and nuance. That is what I have done here and I have been consistent in this regard.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 04:03:22 PM »

Diplomacy

I spoke with French President Sarkozy earlier today. I expressed Atlasia's deep misgivings towards the law passed by the lower house of the French Parliament that would ban veils in public places, noting the history of religious tolerance in our country. I made clear that while Atlasia continues to be a strong ally of France, we will not shy away from similarly frank conversations in the future.

President Sarkozy and I also discussed his upcoming visit to Nyman. I told him that while policy and political differences may emerge from time to time, regular state visits will help us work through those issues in a constructive way. He assured me that his trip will proceed as scheduled and we arranged for me and Vice President Blue to visit France in August.

~PS
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2010, 04:17:09 PM »

Mr President,

For personal reasons I have not been active of late on the forum and this is set to continue for some time. I must therefore submit my resignation.

I wish you, my successor and the whole administration the best of luck.

Peter

Thank you for your service and your honesty Peter. You will be difficult to replace and I believe I can speak for all Atlasians when I say we look forward to your eventual return.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 09:19:03 PM »

Executive Action

After reviewing the Senate debate and speaking privately with Sens. Badger and Libertas, I send this back to the Senate for its considerations of the changes above in strikethrough and bold.

I raised the rates slightly and cleaned up the language at the end. I hope the Senate will approve of these changes so that we can get some legislation signed. Wink

~PS
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 09:24:28 PM »

Executive Action

I sign,
~PS

This has been forwarded to the SoIA for his review and implementation.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2010, 06:38:59 PM »

One delegate for ConCon by region is not cool, not funny and is confusing.

So expect Midwest process in selecting one to be delayed a little.

Sorry for giving you guys so much trouble. Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2010, 06:40:11 PM »

Executive Action

I sign,
~PS

I'm looking forward to these.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2010, 08:21:48 PM »

Executive Action

I sign,
~PS

Thank you very much for this. The pens go to Xahar and VP Blue for their terrific work.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2010, 08:22:24 PM »

Executive Action

I sign,
~PS
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies