PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 01:31:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it  (Read 68838 times)
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« on: May 17, 2022, 08:14:42 PM »

PA-GOV has snapped back to reality I see
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 04:21:04 PM »

When are Atlas posters going to realize “election denialism” is a mainstream view?

It's not that it's mainstream necessarily (although it is when you count all forms of election denialism), it's just not an important thing that most people actually care enough to vote based solely on, to the detriment of every Wikipedia entry and news article. Liberals have made this their obsession because it makes Republicans look bad, as simple as that. If we had a conservative media, we would have articles of Democrats that would highlight that they implied Russian collusion in 2016, or downplayed BLM riots, as their go-to passive aggressive smears. But we have a liberal media, clearly, and they won't ever give up talking about this or vastly overestimating how much people care about it.

Both of you need to pull your heads back out into the real world. People are concerned about election denialism because people broadly like living in what can reasonably be called a democracy. It may be "mainstream" in your conservative bubble, but if Mastriano only wins voters who want the state legislature to cast Pennsylvania's electoral votes irrespective of Pennsylvania's PV winner he is going to lose, simple as that. Not saying that will happen, obviously (I think Mastriano is probably narrowly favored as of now) but there you go. To ElectionsGuy's point, I really think you need to try just tuning out the "liberal media," because you are constantly tilting at windmills in this regard. No one serious believes that Mastriano has no chance; the fact that people are (rightly) pointing out that this will hurt Mastriano relative to a generic Republican does not change this basic fact. Not every New York Times op-ed is an extension of Democratic campaigning. Sometimes people are just concerned that our democracy is on its way out and want to write about it.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 02:26:56 PM »

I will say this, with Mastriano not polling as horribly as we thought, it is obvious this race would be likely R with any normal republican.

Shapiro is a uniquely strong candidate. He has received more votes than any other statewide candidate in PA history in any race, including POTUS.

By this you mean he very slightly outperformed the Democratic ticket in a high-turnout race after years of population growth. He won by under 5 points (edit: as an incumbent) against a no-name. Let's not waste breath pretending he's Bob Casey Sr. or John Heinz or something.

The race will be decided by statewide partisan trends.

(edit: It's also true to note that Shapiro ran behind both Torsella and DePasquale, in terms of both margin and trend, in 2016. The Shapiro mythos has gotten ridiculous.)

Sure, but Torsella lost to a no-name and Shapiro didn't. That counts for something.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 11:04:05 PM »

I don't know who's luckier, Shapiro or Whitmer

Probably Shapiro. Michigan was like two whole points bluer than Pennsylvania in 2020 and is probably roughly in line with the nation while Pennsylvania is slightly in line with it, plus Whitmer is an incumbent. Given this, it makes it slightly more surprising that the PAGOP seems to have just fully punted in an election year when they could easily have secured trifecta control and a Senate seat as the cherry on top. Honestly, underrated shock they're given a scare in the PA State House.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 11:10:06 AM »

Lm – and I cannot possibly stress this enough – fao.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 03:31:14 PM »

Doug Mastriano has apparently joined an Election Twitter group chat devoted to him. Therefore, I've Seen Enough: Democrats hold Pennsylvania's governor's mansion, dashing Republican hopes of a trifecta in the Keystone State until at least 2026.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies