SCOTUS-suspects can't sue officers for self-incriminating statements without Miranda Rights given (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 09:13:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  SCOTUS-suspects can't sue officers for self-incriminating statements without Miranda Rights given (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SCOTUS-suspects can't sue officers for self-incriminating statements without Miranda Rights given  (Read 1083 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: June 23, 2022, 11:51:33 AM »

Good Lord when will people realize that they should just never give a statement to the police. 

I'm not guilty. I didn't do anything. I want an attorney/am getting an attorney. 
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 11:54:02 AM »

This SCOTUS is quickly becoming a great thing for the police abolitionists considering how many people are going to be radicalized seeing so many abuses of power.

This is a ticking time bomb that conservatives are not prepared for. Distrust of the police is so incredibly widespread, even amongst conservatives, that once the oldest generations that still have any faith in law enforcement are gone there's not going to be any faith in our police left.

Coupled with the fact that any competent law-abiding adult can carry a gun however they want... well... you get the idea.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 12:15:18 PM »

Good Lord when will people realize that they should just never give a statement to the police. 

I'm not guilty. I didn't do anything. I want an attorney/am getting an attorney. 

Yeah, just the last one for me, unless I didn't do it, then maybe the first two.  Smiley

By “doing it” you mean that they have come to arrest you and not investigate you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies