The Catch-22 for Liberal Protestantism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:56:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  The Catch-22 for Liberal Protestantism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Catch-22 for Liberal Protestantism  (Read 1490 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« on: July 29, 2013, 11:34:23 AM »

I agree that it is a problem, and while this doesn't reflect flaws with liberal Protestant theology, it reflects on how progressives perceive religion in general.  I know I'm oversimplifying things, but if progressives feel their only choices are a "mean, hateful" God, or secularism, then they'll go with secularism.  Since conservative Christianity has dominated Christian perspectives on religion, progressives see no point in associating themselves with it.

How often do we hear about the UCC's protests for social justice?  How often do we hear about churches passing resolutions to become open and affirming to homosexuals?  Unless you actually stay current on religious affairs in the world rather than pick up the paper or watch CNN all day, chances are you haven't.

Shallow as it may sound; if the Moral Majority and the Christian Coalition were founded by people like Karen Armstrong and John Shelby Spong, I think things would have turned out very differently.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies