Is "basket of deplorables" Hillary's 47% moment?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:39:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is "basket of deplorables" Hillary's 47% moment?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 233

Author Topic: Is "basket of deplorables" Hillary's 47% moment?  (Read 23802 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: September 12, 2016, 11:29:48 PM »

Great work in finding the one spelling mistake I made in about a million words.

124 words*

lol
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #251 on: September 12, 2016, 11:32:41 PM »

When I heard about the Mitt 47% speech in 2012 I was very disappointed and upset about it.  It was a terrible decision to even give this speech, and this speech should never have been made.

Mitt's statements and Mitt himself deserved to be criticized and condemned for sure, and they were, relentlessly, but I personally do not believe that Mitt's statements were degrading or vitriolic and were certainly not hateful like the statements made by Hillary about certain sectors of the American public.

Lincoln Republican,
Why is it I have to keep driving the same huge chisel in your head.
She is specifically calling individuals that are racist, sexist, homophobic, bigots, etc as the scum of our society.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT ? !
What do you want us to call these people ... Angels ? Heroes ? Excellent people that we should be proud of and need more of ?
Why are you defending low level filth that unfortunately reside within our nation ? I don't understand you.
Clinton is not calling ALL trump supporters "deplorables." She is not even calling 50% of them deplorables (after she corrected herself). In the same initial speech she gave, she even made room for, and discussed, the other segment of trump supporters who are not in "the basket."
Have you read the transcript or watched the full video of her initial speech ? If not, do so, before you begin to spew more ignorance about the topic.

There's nothing "moderate" about you.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #252 on: September 12, 2016, 11:36:26 PM »

Clinton isn't that wrong though....there have been documented incidents of racism and xenophobia coming from certain sections of the Trump camp.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #253 on: September 12, 2016, 11:43:11 PM »

What it will do to Hillary is cost her Pub and some Ind votes.

Any Republicans voting for Hillary this year surely already thought of the people who nominated Donald Trump as deplorable.

As a Republican who has considered voting for Hillary, I have to voice my disagreement with this. I don't have personal ill will toward Trump supporters; I just think they're wrong, and what Hillary said about them makes me less likely to vote for her, because even though to me what she said may be right, I think that's a comment that just shouldn't be made about millions of people over whom Hillary would be president if elected.

Everyone's trying so hard to give me reasons not to vote for them. It's truly unbelievable. I'm just appalled by this entire election.

Though I disagree with why someone/anyone can support trump with all the rhetoric, bigoted and hatred he spews, I will generally agree that I also do not "have personal ill will toward (all) trump supporters."
Sometimes they ("those" on Atlas especially) piss me off to the point I may comment with strong words, but they are not automatically "in the basket" by association. But I do not at all, apologize for degrading (in the toughest of "descriptive expressions") to those trump supporters who are racist, sexist, homophobic, etc ; These specific trump supporters are Deplorables, plus some. Period !
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #254 on: September 12, 2016, 11:44:56 PM »

The only reason why I don't think "basket of deplorables" makes as much of a mark as it potentially could is because it's just a weird thing to say. It's harder to market "basket of deplorables" than it is to market "47% of Americans are lazy moochers".
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #255 on: September 12, 2016, 11:47:33 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2016, 01:09:40 AM by ProudModerate2 »

When I heard about the Mitt 47% speech in 2012 I was very disappointed and upset about it.  It was a terrible decision to even give this speech, and this speech should never have been made.

Mitt's statements and Mitt himself deserved to be criticized and condemned for sure, and they were, relentlessly, but I personally do not believe that Mitt's statements were degrading or vitriolic and were certainly not hateful like the statements made by Hillary about certain sectors of the American public.

Lincoln Republican,
She is specifically calling individuals that are racist, sexist, homophobic, bigots, etc as the scum of our society.
What do you want us to call these people ... Angels ? Heroes ? Excellent people that we should be proud of and need more of ?
Why are you defending low level filth that unfortunately reside within our nation ? I don't understand you.
Clinton is not calling ALL trump supporters "deplorables." She is not even calling 50% of them deplorables (after she corrected herself). In the same initial speech she gave, she even made room for, and discussed, the other segment of trump supporters who are not in "the basket."
Have you read the transcript or watched the full video of her initial speech ? If not, do so, before you begin to spew more ignorance about the topic.

And there is nothing "religious" about you. Keep on supporting a candidate who spews hatred and bigotry. That is a very Christian thing to do.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #256 on: September 12, 2016, 11:53:46 PM »

Clinton isn't that wrong though....there have been documented incidents of racism and xenophobia coming from certain sections of the Trump camp.

I applaud you.
In one sentence you said it all.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #257 on: September 13, 2016, 12:55:59 AM »

When I heard about the Mitt 47% speech in 2012 I was very disappointed and upset about it.  It was a terrible decision to even give this speech, and this speech should never have been made.

Lincoln Republican,

Do you think you are some great moderate? Because you voted for Obama? You are a bigot who thinks not all people are fit to be Americans, even if that is what they want in their heart, because of their background. You support a person who thinks Mexicans are rapists and all Muslims should be suspected of being terrorists. Do you think that is moderate?
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #258 on: September 13, 2016, 01:11:12 AM »

You should never bash American voters as a presidential candidate.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #259 on: September 13, 2016, 01:17:24 AM »

News Flash.
We "Americans" are not perfect people.
There are scums among us. Call them out for what they are.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #260 on: September 13, 2016, 01:42:52 AM »

Great work in finding the one spelling mistake I made in about a million words.

124 words*

Also, three spelling mistakes > one spelling mistake
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #261 on: September 13, 2016, 01:54:12 AM »

News Flash.

Shall we start with the Colin Kaepernicks and other flag burning anarchists?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #262 on: September 13, 2016, 01:56:57 AM »

News Flash.

Take that up with the first amendment.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #263 on: September 13, 2016, 02:00:58 AM »

News Flash.

So burning a piece of cloth and not standing during the a piece of music are off limits, but inciting hatred and violence against actual people is just fine.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #264 on: September 13, 2016, 02:25:17 AM »
« Edited: September 13, 2016, 02:28:17 AM by MK »

News Flash.

The leftist like to bring up protected amendments when it suits their anti-American grandstanding.  When the other side wants to walk around with guns you go completely ape sh**t.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #265 on: September 13, 2016, 02:28:51 AM »

Sort your life out.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #266 on: September 13, 2016, 03:11:36 AM »

Why the personal attack?   Left wingers in this thread are ridiculous for embracement of Hillary's deplorable gaffe.  My original statement was not a attack on either side but a universal statement.  The previous poster attempted to use the good ole Constitution in defense.  That's fine, but remember there's more than just the 1st amendment. 

Had Trump made the same gaffe you would be the first to start a thread saying how awful he his.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #267 on: September 13, 2016, 03:12:32 AM »

News Flash.

The leftist like to bring up protected amendments when it suits their anti-American grandstanding.  When the other side wants to walk around with guns you go completely ape sh**t.

Nah .... not really.
We only go "ape sh*t" when said individuals who freely "walk around with guns," end up killing our young children in our elementary schools.
"Shall we start with" Sandy Hook Elementary School ?

(Strange how I recall an interview with the parents of one of the children who perished, and how they were supporters of lenient gun control laws, until the had to bury their own child six-feet under the ground. Sad.)
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #268 on: September 13, 2016, 03:52:53 AM »

News Flash.

Nah .... not really.
We only go "ape sh*t" when said individuals who freely "walk around with guns," end up killing our young children in our elementary schools.

(Strange how I recall an interview with the parents of one of the children who perished, and how they were supporters of lenient gun control laws, until the had to bury their own child six-feet under the ground. Sad.)

This is not a gun control thread so I will only say that its your right to bear arms if you choose to do so.  Sandy Hook is irrelevant to the conversation.

Hillary Clinton demeaning voters (hard working Americans) to a bunch of gay liberals is "sad".
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #269 on: September 13, 2016, 05:23:08 AM »

Clinton is calling blgotry a disgrace and a blight on our society. This is all that she is saying. She should not have extended it to the people themselves, but otherwise, that is the message I get.

(Besides, Trump has spent the whole campaign season doing the exact same thing to Hispanics. Where was the outrage about that?)
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #270 on: September 13, 2016, 05:36:06 AM »

When Hillary calls Trump supporters "deplorables", she isn't calling out your best. They're binging sexism, they're bringing homophobia. They're racists. And some, I assume, are good people...

In terms Trump-ites will understand Tongue
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #271 on: September 13, 2016, 06:26:27 AM »

ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #272 on: September 13, 2016, 08:16:06 AM »

Have you eaten them grilled or roasted?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #273 on: September 13, 2016, 10:03:23 AM »
« Edited: September 13, 2016, 10:55:59 AM by ProudModerate2 »

News Flash.

The leftist like to bring up protected amendments when it suits their anti-American grandstanding.  When the other side wants to walk around with guns you go completely ape sh**t.

Nah .... not really.

(Strange how I recall an interview with the parents of one of the children who perished, and how they were supporters of lenient gun control laws, until they had to bury their own child six-feet under the ground. Sad.)

This is not a gun control thread so I will only say that its your right to bear arms if you choose to do so.  Sandy Hook is irrelevant to the conversation.
Hillary Clinton demeaning voters (hard working Americans) to a bunch of gay liberals is "sad".

You are the one who first brought-up the conversation on "guns," and now you are going to bitch about it ? LOL.
PS: Racist, sexist, homophobic (etc) individuals deserve the "demeaning" they are getting. I could give a damn if they are also considered "hard working Americans" or not.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #274 on: September 13, 2016, 10:42:16 AM »

Lincoln Republican,

Should be reported as a personal attack, however, being such a magnanimous person, I won't.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies