HC: People say, ‘I really like you, I just don’t know if I can vote for a women' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:30:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  HC: People say, ‘I really like you, I just don’t know if I can vote for a women' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HC: People say, ‘I really like you, I just don’t know if I can vote for a women'  (Read 3325 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 31, 2016, 02:38:09 PM »

Why do you hate Hillary Clinton? You don't seem to place the anecdotes other candidates employ under similar scrutiny.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 01:42:23 AM »

Why is it so unbelievable that people would say this?  Some celebrities are willing to straight up say to the media that they won't vote for a female nominee:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://time.com/4071617/ti-woman-president-hillary-clinton/

In a March 2016 CNN poll when asked if the country was ready for a female president, 19% of respondents said no.  This question is often a more effective way of getting a sense of the level of opposition to electing a female president than bluntly asking "would you vote for a qualified female presidential candidate?"
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/04/politics/female-president-poll-results-cnn/index.html

The current numbers of 80% ready/19% not ready are considerably better than in 2008.  At that time, only 67% felt the country was ready and 32% thought it was not ready for a female president.

1 in 5 voters thinking the country won't elect a woman is a minority, but it certainly isn't super rare.  It's easy to believe Clinton has encountered some of these voters.

I don't see TI at any Clinton rallies, and he didn't say it to her face.  Saying stuff to people's face takes an amount of balls that is in most situations beyond human instinct.

Is there a point somewhere you would like to make?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies