Declaration of Independence Banned at Calif School (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:59:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Declaration of Independence Banned at Calif School (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Declaration of Independence Banned at Calif School  (Read 9780 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: November 25, 2004, 11:04:20 AM »

It is also possible that the teacher was using the documents mentioned to advance the notion that we are somehow a Christian nation, and that the founding fathers were all Christians.  We know that this notion is false, and the principal would be correct in stopping the teacher.

The founders were very religious people. To deny it is to be a revisionist. Which of course most colleges and schools are full of, revisionist teachers.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 11:45:53 AM »

It is also possible that the teacher was using the documents mentioned to advance the notion that we are somehow a Christian nation, and that the founding fathers were all Christians.  We know that this notion is false, and the principal would be correct in stopping the teacher.

The founders were very religious people. To deny it is to be a revisionist. Which of course most colleges and schools are full of, revisionist teachers.

The founders were not all religious. Please get your history correct. Wait, who am I kidding? You're a southerner...I shouldn't expect you to get history right.

My history is right. You believe the lies that have come from the Liberal/Yankee dominated school system for the past 125 years. The schools teach nothing but lies and deceptions regarding American history. I mean the schools teach that Lincoln was a great hero and president when in fact the truth is he was a terrible man and deserved to be killed. Anyone who teaches that the bastard Sherman or Grant were correct in their actions are worthy of jail and not promotion or to be paid by the state.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 11:49:37 AM »

The founders were not all religious. Please get your history correct. Wait, who am I kidding? You're a southerner...I shouldn't expect you to get history right.

My history is right. You believe the lies that have come from the Liberal/Yankee dominated school system for the past 125 years. The schools teach nothing but lies and deceptions regarding American history. I mean the schools teach that Lincoln was a great hero and president when in fact the truth is he was a terrible man and deserved to be killed. Anyone who teaches that the bastard Sherman or Grant were correct in their actions are worthy of jail and not promotion or to be paid by the state.

Okay. Instead of argue and debate, just bash my school which you know nothing about. That's cool and all.

I am just saying. Instead of believing the lies and hidden agendas that are pushed through by the public school system go to a library or National Archives and look up some private diaries and writings from the time in history that you are researching. Your eyes will open up to the facts.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 11:55:25 AM »

Okay. Instead of argue and debate, just bash my school which you know nothing about. That's cool and all.

I am just saying. Instead of believing the lies and hidden agendas that are pushed through by the public school system go to a library or National Archives and look up some private diaries and writings from the time in history that you are researching. Your eyes will open up to the facts.

Yes. Personal diaries are certainly an unbiased source of history.

You would trust a modern history book over a diary or personal account?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2004, 12:01:17 PM »

Yes. Personal diaries are certainly an unbiased source of history.

You would trust a modern history book over a diary or personal account?

That's a tough one...modern history textbooks (especially the ones used in public schools) tend to be very Pro-America biased.

Any book that claims to be a "history book" and only goes over the Revolution or Civil war in 2-3 pages is only worthy of the garbage can.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2004, 02:51:47 PM »

Most farmers of that period and well up into the 20th Century definately believed in God but they didn't attend any sort of organized church. While many civil war soldiers did believe in God, for certain, they didn't follow the teachings of any particular sect.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies