Marokai Blue/Purple State for Atlasia, Campaign HQ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:28:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Marokai Blue/Purple State for Atlasia, Campaign HQ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marokai Blue/Purple State for Atlasia, Campaign HQ  (Read 25373 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: January 03, 2011, 05:17:29 PM »

Enthusiastically endorsed ! Cheesy
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 02:24:15 PM »

Just an idea.

- User X deregisters (using the register thread).
- We let 5-10 days without doing nothing. If the poster retracts his deregistration, then we do nothing.
- If no retractation before the deadline, the RG removes user X from the registered voter roll and adds him to a deregistered user list.
- Deregistered users can't vote, run for elections, be tried, bring charges against another user. Any candidate running for an office who deregistered has his candidacy invalidated.
- Deregistered users are kept on the deregistered user roll for 2 months. Until they are on it, they can't re-register.
- After this time, they are definitely removed from Atlasia, but they can come back when they wish.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 06:48:49 PM »

Just an idea.

- User X deregisters (using the register thread).
- We let 5-10 days without doing nothing. If the poster retracts his deregistration, then we do nothing.
- If no retractation before the deadline, the RG removes user X from the registered voter roll and adds him to a deregistered user list.
- Deregistered users can't vote, run for elections, be tried, bring charges against another user. Any candidate running for an office who deregistered has his candidacy invalidated.
- Deregistered users are kept on the deregistered user roll for 2 months. Until they are on it, they can't re-register.
- After this time, they are definitely removed from Atlasia, but they can come back when they wish.

Two months seems an AWFULLY long mandatory inactive period. It doesn't seem to serve any purpose to have it that long, and may discourage people from rejoining Atlasia (i.e. they'd like to rejoin after cooling off a week or two after deregistering, but can't for two months, and lose interest in the meantime after rediscovering how nice real life is Tongue).

I think deregistering for one week or two would be a horribly awful thing to do, it would create mess for no reason. If one really wants to go, then he must go for real.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 05:01:13 AM »

My issue with the bolded portion is that it could wreak havoc on counting elections. It is common enough for candidates to ask voters that change their minds to disqualify their own vote so as to boost their chances. Now imagine if they could ask them to de-register to disqualify their vote, but then that person had five days to change their mind and re-register. Would the vote remain disqualified or would it count? Would it depend on whether the election was already certified?

I think you misunderstood my point. During the 5-10 days period, the user remains a registered voter with its full rights. And only if he doesn't retract his deregistration, this deregistration occurs 5 days after. If the guy was campaigning, his candidacy is immediately invalid. If he had been elected, the office is deemed vacant. That couldn't be simpler.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 04:08:38 AM »

I would change your campaign banner if I were you. It's easily pastiched Wink

Not true. And the pic is copyrighted for Sewer. Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V