Just When You Thought it Couldn't Get "Better".....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:15:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Just When You Thought it Couldn't Get "Better".....
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Just When You Thought it Couldn't Get "Better".....  (Read 398 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 03, 2011, 09:45:50 PM »

......It Did!

Mayhem has arrived. Evil

Welcome to the Beginning of Your the End!

Prepare for Ocho!

First campaign speech, coming soon

Let Not Thine Eyes Be Diverted!!! Tongue

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 09:49:35 PM »

Endorsed, obviously.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 01:01:59 AM »

Announcement Speech in Greensboro, NC
Oct 3rd, 2011 10:45 PM

Southerners, Atlasians -

We face enormous challanges in the coming months that will need to be addressed and soon. We face an enormous deficit in our health care system that needs a permenent, balanced fix that will provide the us with the resources to provide for the needs of those who can't afford healthcare while at the same time not hindering our economy. We have put in place in the current Comprehensive Social Security Reform bill a "fix" that will serve to ensure that the issue is addressed at the end of the day. I am sure all would prefer a less drastic approach, and l look forward to offering further solutions both in terms of restructuring the program and finding new sources of funding/cost reductions to achieve this. In the meantime though we can't sit back and risk nothing getting done and deficit getting worse. Therefore I urge the Senate to pass the CSS including this funding provision, to serve as an incentive to engaging in a broad overhaul of the program.

Our tax code needs a drastic reform to have fewer brackets, lower rates and fewer loopholes/deductions etc, that provides us with the necessary revenues to fund essentiall services but is the least burdensome structure possible while achieving that goal. Tax code compliance costs, tax avoidance and tax sheltering all hurt the economy and all increase as the tax code becomes larger, more bloated and thus even harder to comply with. These three are all costs that "tax" businesses and consumers but provide no revenue to the government. In fact, they actually deprive it of revenue. We must not ignore the deficit while engaging in this overhaul, as a larger deficit also "taxes" business and consumers with fear of potentially higher interest rates and inflation, if not the actual occurance of them. Solvency must be th priority of a responsible governemnt.

The rest of the Comprehensive Social Security Reform will present challenges as it is implemented and the results may show that some dialing back is necessary. I look forward to the feedback of future GM's and SoIA's, by which I mean the officials and not the vegan food Wink, as to how the program is affected people and the economy. There are parts of the plan I still have issues with, however; I think it has come to far to just be trashed and the bill has been improved greatly. I eagerly expect passage of this bill to occur within the next week.

Another important goal of mine is to ensure that everything has been done to aid those who have been hit by hurricanes in the Fall, and the tornadoes in the Spring. Here in NC, both the tourist industry on the coast and agricultural operations in-land have suffered greatly as acres upon acres of produce and cash crops have been destroyed. In some counties, a whole year's harvest has been wiped out. In Texas, there have been horrendous wildfires which have had an enormous impact on the cattle industry, destroyed a large number of homes and caused havoc for many unfortunate families. In the last six weeks, my office has assisted thousands of small business owners, farmers, homeowners and displaced residents in dealing with various federal and regional agencies to get needed relief, aid, loans and othe support. My office will continue to be an advocate tho these people who are in desperate need of help.

We face many challenges in the coming months, and I look forward to seeking your vote for a return engagement to continue fighting for the Imperial Dominion of the South.

Thank you and Dave Bless!!!!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 04:26:26 AM »

Endorsed, good sir.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 04:28:26 AM »

Endorsed from the far away lands of Confusion.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 05:33:11 AM »

O captain, my captain!

Endorsed!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 08:15:26 AM »

Good luck! I hope you will be re-elected.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies