most conservative dem? most liberal rep? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:22:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  most conservative dem? most liberal rep? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: most conservative dem? most liberal rep?  (Read 5431 times)
Notre Dame rules!

« on: March 28, 2005, 11:07:39 PM »

TCash,

I think that you're being a little hard on our Gov.  If he doesn't reform TNCare, and raising cig taxes isn't exactly what I call reform, then the entire system will collapse.  That will cause far more than 300,000 to lose their insurance.

Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 11:09:52 PM »

By the way,  Bredesen has said that he is pro-choice, though he does go out of his way to push the issue.  Considering Governor's have little impact on the abortion debate, why agitate the opposition with such an issue.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 12:00:12 AM »

By the way,  Bredesen has said that he is pro-choice, though he does go out of his way to push the issue.  Considering Governor's have little impact on the abortion debate, why agitate the opposition with such an issue.

You recently said to me:

he only problem, or at least the major problem that I have with moderates, is that they seem to lack 'the vision thing' as Bush 41 used to say.   Clearly conservatives like Dubya, and Reagan before him,  have a vision for where they want to take the country.  Likewise, liberals such as Feingold also have a vision for which direction they would like to take the country.  However, moderates often seem like status quo candidates without a compelling vision at all.  This may not be truly accurate, but perception plays a tremendous role in politics.  That's why both conservatives and liberals vie for the nations affection, while moderates seem to jump on the bandwagen of the philosphy that is winning the day. 

On social issues and protecting rights of women, gays, minorities, I agree with your statement that moderates lack the vision thing. Bredesen is "playing it safe" and protecting his own political ass as conservatives wage a war on rights in this state. He can cut wasteful govt spending, fine by me, but if he doesn't care to take sides in the social battles of the day, I have little use for him, especially in regards to seeking higher office.

I agree with you.  However, the vision thing is great for running for President, not necessary when running for Governor.  If he has Presidential ambitions, he had better make his views clear--before the GOP does it for him.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 12:03:49 AM »

Tcash,

I've been out of the state for the last 4 months.  What campaign has the right waged against women, gays, and minorities during my absence?
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 12:36:08 AM »

Wow!  The right wing has been very busy in my absence.  Where has the left been, MIA?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies