Republican Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @3pm ET?) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:54:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @3pm ET?) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @3pm ET?)  (Read 53724 times)
emailking
Atlas Icon
« on: March 05, 2016, 10:13:01 PM »

Anyone else think LA might have been a premie call?

No because the network calls are virtually never wrong, even when the race tightens after the call.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 11:17:58 PM »

As I said in IRC, regardless of the outcome, the LA call was way too early.

But how do you conclude that? They call it when they're confident someone will win, not when they're confident it won't tighten significantly. They know what they're doing.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 11:21:08 PM »

But how do you conclude that? They call it when they're confident someone will win, not when they're confident it won't tighten significantly. They know what they're doing.
I doubt they predicted the race tightening  to within 5%

Doesn't matter. They predicted it wouldn't tighten to within 0, which is all they need to make the call.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 11:30:22 PM »

Let's dispel the fiction that the news media know what they're doing. They have no idea what they're doing.

The stats people working behind the scenes on election nights do know what they're doing, and it's validated by the fact that their calls are virtually never wrong, even when people debate on here that this that or the other call may be premature.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies