Pick a Running Mate for these Republican Candidates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:14:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Pick a Running Mate for these Republican Candidates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pick a Running Mate for these Republican Candidates  (Read 1887 times)
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« on: November 20, 2010, 09:35:07 PM »

Romney- Bobby Jindal
Palin- Mitt Romney
Thune- Bobby Jindal
Pawlenty- Bobby Jindal
Huckabee- Chris Christie
J. Bush- Mitt Romney
Gingrich- Bobby Jindal
Christie- Bobby Jindal
Daniels- Bobby Jindal
Barbour- Mitt Romney
Rubio- Mitt Romney
Paul- Gary Johnson
Johnson- Bobby Jindal
Cain- Huh

What can I say? Bobby Jindal works well as a VEEP for a lot of candidates. Tongue
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 10:18:02 PM »

If Romney wins the GOP nomination, he'll need to choose somebody who can solidify economic and social conservatives dissatisfied with Romney. Also, Romney needs to choose a VEEP candidate who can appeal to tea partiers. Daniels, who called for a truce on social issues and called for a possible VAT, would not qualify (though I like Daniels). Thune, who voted for TARP, would not qualify as an economic conservative in the minds of tea partiers. IIRC, John Thune refused to strip Lisa Murkowski of her seniority on the energy committee, which pissed off a lot of tea partiers.

Bobby Jindal IMO would be a great VEEP candidate for Romney. He is a solid economic and social conservative, who can reach out to economic and social conservatives also squeamish about Romney.

If Romney wins the GOP nod, I think Romney/Jindal would be a really strong ticket (though Romney isn't my first choice for the GOP nod).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies