Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 10:52:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes  (Read 141759 times)
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« on: December 17, 2017, 03:24:43 PM »

A good chunk of people (including myself) get quite a persecution complex when it comes to politics.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 03:40:31 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2018, 03:46:00 PM by Deblano »

Several decades from now, there will be a future generation that hates the "Millennials" in a similar manner/degree that "Millennials" hate the "Baby boomers".
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 04:39:56 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2018, 04:45:22 PM by Deblano »

This might be my hottest take...

If you talk to the average conservative, they will usually complain that the Republicans compromise too much, rarely fight, and are always playing nice while the Democrats are going full-steam ahead with their left-wing agenda.

If you talk to the average progressive, they will usually complain that the Democrats compromise too much, rarely fight, and are always playing nice while the Republicans are going full-steam ahead with their right-wing agenda.

Being “independent” (personally, not politically) is overrated in America, and being a good team player is underrated.

I think the problem is that there is an extremely cliche and banal idea that most independents are just mild-mannered centrists. The (political) types of people that identify as independent are much more diverse.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 04:33:07 PM »

While I believe people should think more carefully before deciding whether or not to have children, I find anti-natalism to be a pretty disturbing ideology.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 06:06:27 PM »

While I believe people should think more carefully before deciding whether or not to have children, I find anti-natalism to be a pretty disturbing ideology.
Anti-natalists are probably good people who are simply suffering from untreated depression.

I agree with that, and I feel that browsing antinatalist forums can lead to a radicalization of sorts for those people (considering the positive feedback loop of misanthropy for said forums).

It's one thing to believe that humanity should have less kids as a means of sustainable development (an opinion that I share). However, these communities that I've lurked upon almost seem to celebrate the idea of voluntary human extinction (by means of no longer breeding) as a means of putting the human race/society out of its misery.

At least that's how I feel about antinatalist communities.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 01:33:37 PM »

Mandatory Voting is a pretty authoritarian policy/proposal.

People should have as much freedom to not vote as they do to vote.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 08:10:45 PM »

If Bernie Sanders runs for President in 2020, there will be a noticeable "Never Bernie" movement in the Democratic primaries.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 03:19:26 PM »

I like DeSantis as far as Republicans go and think his tenure as governor will be successful.

Thus far, the few moves he's made have been overall impressive. I'm hopeful he'll evolve into a Haslam-like Workman Governor.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 11:19:29 PM »

The media is annoyingly obsessed with generational divisions (i.e. Boomers vs. GenX vs. Millennials vs. GenZ)
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 04:36:36 PM »

The media is annoyingly obsessed with generational divisions (i.e. Boomers vs. GenX vs. Millennials vs. GenZ)

The "generation war" between millennials and boomers is stupid as hell and based on entirely incorrect assumptions.

Looks like we've found some common ground.

Lol. A truly heartwarming ending
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies