Was Edwards going to lose re-election to the Senate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:48:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Was Edwards going to lose re-election to the Senate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Was Edwards going to lose re-election to the Senate?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Was Edwards going to lose re-election to the Senate?  (Read 6139 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: March 25, 2005, 02:31:59 PM »

He needed a strong Democratic Presidential candidate to be able to win re-election.  Certainly with Kerry at the top of the ticket, he would have lost, in part because of his Presidential dabbling.  Had he settled down and approached his Senate seat from the standpoint of a job he intended to hold until he retired, I think he would have pulled out a narrow victory, but it would be close.  He certainly could not have pulled a Bentsen and run for both Senate and the Vice-Presidency.

Lieberman didn't do too badly in 2000 when he ran joint campaigns.  Though obviously I know what you're getting at - an incumbent Democrat is much more vulnerable in the South than in Connecticut.

I heard that a popular nickname for Edwards in NC was "Senator Gone", because he hardly spent any time in the state.  And considering he hardly ever showed up to senate votes either, it kinda makes you wonder what the hell he'd been doing for the previous six years.  He would have lost easily.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies