Who would have run in the GOP Primary in 2020 if Hillary had won? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:51:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Who would have run in the GOP Primary in 2020 if Hillary had won? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who would have run in the GOP Primary in 2020 if Hillary had won?  (Read 2357 times)
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« on: July 08, 2023, 06:22:35 AM »

In a universe where Hillary had won, who would run in 2020?
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 05:32:46 AM »

Probably similar to the 2016 list, assuming Trump was still the nominee in 2016. Basically the entire GOP establishment was against Trump in '16 and wrote him off after the Access Hollywood tape, so he'd just be used as a scapegoat and we'd see Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, etc. give it another go.
Would Abbott run?
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2023, 09:09:24 AM »

The 2016 list with the addition of senator-elect John James & Governor-elect DeSantis.

Trump runs again, but doesn't do nearly as well due to electability concerns and some other candidates co-opting a few of his more popular positions. In the end Cruz or Rubio wins, and loses narrowly to Hillary.
He'd go on about how the election was stolen from him.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2023, 05:34:22 AM »

I could actually see Christie making quite a rebound if Trump lost.  He has the qualities people liked in Trump ("tells it like it is") while avoiding the negatives (he comes across more articulate).  Additionally, considering how little people talk about Bridgegate or whatever anymore (I literally can't remember the name, so there ya go!  lol...), I doubt that bothers him much.  I am not sure if Christie could beat an incumbent Hillary, though ... would totally depend on her four years.
He'd definitely run again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies