Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:12:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 206178 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: December 29, 2014, 05:11:59 AM »

His gushing over being so blessed to be their dad is hysterical. 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1401 on: December 29, 2014, 09:30:14 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2015, 09:05:12 PM by Simfan34 »

By any definition, Mormons aren't Christians. Mormonism is certainly influenced by Christianity but it's a separate faith that operates according to doctrines derived from a holy text that Christians don't recognize.

If that's your definition then Orthodox Tewahedo aren't Christian either.

!!!

What is this?! What texts besides assorted apocrypha does the Tewahido Church follow that "mainstream" Christianity does not? Never mind the fact that they were organised into a canon, in many cases, before the Chalcedonian chruch got around to doing so.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1402 on: December 29, 2014, 09:32:11 AM »

Also Bushie's theological beliefs are utterly nonsensical, this should not be news to anyone. Just earlier he (and BRTD) were talking about how Jesus Christ was not a religion, and now he is saying what constitutes the Christian religion.

Apparently, if anyone noticed, he also claims to be able to speak for what God is thinking and make claims of value from that point, with the implication that he knows with absolute certainty what other people have only been able to guess at, other people far more honest, reflective, and thoughtful than him, mind you.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1403 on: December 29, 2014, 10:06:47 AM »

By any definition, Mormons aren't Christians. Mormonism is certainly influenced by Christianity but it's a separate faith that operates according to doctrines derived from a holy text that Christians don't recognize.

If that's your definition then Orthodox Tewahedo aren't Christian either.

!!!

What is this?! What texts besides assorted apocrypha does the Tewadhido Church follow that "mainstream" Christianity does not? Never mind the fact that they were organised into a canon, in many cases, before the Chalcedonian chruch got around to doing so.

Well....the assorted apocrypha, which obviously aren't nearly as extensive as the texts unique to Mormonism but...

...you know what, you're right, it was a really dumb comparison.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1404 on: December 29, 2014, 11:08:23 AM »

Between the claims of fatherhood and the religious nonsense... Bushie is such a special type of arrogant.  Now, I'm not someone to consider arrogance the worst attribute a person can display, but someone should do a case study. 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1405 on: December 29, 2014, 11:24:07 AM »

Pretty clear Bushie is a manic depressive.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1406 on: December 29, 2014, 12:18:26 PM »

Bushie, do you concur with other posters that have made the claim that without God providing a moral framework, there is nothing stopping you from being a serial rapist/murderer? 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1407 on: December 29, 2014, 01:46:47 PM »

I have believed this for sometime.

Whats scary is no one in his social circle finds it odd that he's calling himself these african children's "daddy." Child rapist tones aside, it just sounds odd for a grown man to call himself daddy to sponsor children. Not to mention how confused those kids will turn out if they are told he's their father.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1408 on: December 29, 2014, 01:57:16 PM »

Whats scary is no one in his social circle finds it odd that he's calling himself these african children's "daddy." Child rapist tones aside, it just sounds odd for a grown man to call himself daddy to sponsor children. Not to mention how confused those kids will turn out if they are told he's their father.

It's depressing how he can not see that.  As a Christian missionary (if that is actually what he is considered in this case) Bushie feels as if he can do no wrong here. 
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1409 on: December 29, 2014, 02:33:19 PM »

I'm sure his fellow Oklahomans do find it odd, but they probably also feel sorry for him and are reluctant to criticize him quasi-publicly. They know better than anybody how special Bushie is and what else does he have going for him?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1410 on: December 29, 2014, 03:38:21 PM »

You guys make it seem like there is something wrong with a 32 year old obese white man with a thin, uneven mustache being able to love on his young black children from afar (or his handsome 13 year old nephew, for that matter).  If Jesus is okay with it, then so am I!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1411 on: December 29, 2014, 03:54:33 PM »

You guys make it seem like there is something wrong with a 32 year old obese white man with a thin, uneven mustache being able to love on his young black children from afar (or his handsome 13 year old nephew, for that matter).  If Jesus is okay with it, then so am I!

For my own piece of mind, I assume ODF was trolling with that one.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1412 on: December 29, 2014, 03:54:54 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2015, 09:06:54 PM by Simfan34 »

Well....the assorted apocrypha, which obviously aren't nearly as extensive as the texts unique to Mormonism but...

...you know what, you're right, it was a really dumb comparison.

I didn't mean to "call you out" if that's how it came across- I thought you were referring to some prior instance where it had come up that I hadn't seen. It's not every day people use the Tewahido Church to make a comparison!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1413 on: December 29, 2014, 03:56:51 PM »

Bushie needs to watch the movie "Fed Up." It's excellent and really would explain a lot to him about the situation with his diet and physical health.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1414 on: December 29, 2014, 03:57:59 PM »

Right now his heart is even more drawn to Kenya because of his predatory Crusading cousin, but he forgets that the Kenyan authorities aren't going to let him "love on..." any black children unless he wants some time in a local jail, whether he says he's their daddy or not.  Once again, not thinking.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1415 on: December 29, 2014, 04:55:59 PM »

Right now his heart is even more drawn to Kenya because of his predatory Crusading cousin, but he forgets that the Kenyan authorities aren't going to let him "love on..." any black children unless he wants some time in a local jail, whether he says he's their daddy or not.  Once again, not thinking.

I think he finally admitted he won't be able to adopt them, but he wanted to go there to work with the orphanage spreading Jesus all over them like you spread mayo on a sandwich.

The possibility does exist that he has reverted back to his whole "God is the final authority so the Kenyan laws don't matter" mantra, but only he can confirm that.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1416 on: December 29, 2014, 05:05:26 PM »

Bushie, do you concur with other posters that have made the claim that without God providing a moral framework, there is nothing stopping you from being a serial rapist/murderer? 

I posit there would be something else stopping him; it would require him to actually invest time into doing something more physically challenging than focusing on far-off holidays.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1417 on: December 29, 2014, 05:24:28 PM »

I'm sure most people Bushie associates with find him calling himself "daddy" and all that quite creepy just as we do, but probably just don't say anything about it. After all if I met someone in real life who was saying such things I'd be like "OKayyyyy" and just never bring it up again. And it seems his sister-in-law is the only one willing to ever call him out.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1418 on: December 29, 2014, 07:03:39 PM »

I'm sure most people Bushie associates with find him calling himself "daddy" and all that quite creepy just as we do, but probably just don't say anything about it. After all if I met someone in real life who was saying such things I'd be like "OKayyyyy" and just never bring it up again. And it seems his sister-in-law is the only one willing to ever call him out.

This could be it. They might be aware that he is just extremely quirky and chose not to say anything about it. There's always "that guy" in the group that is just...different.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1419 on: December 29, 2014, 07:26:17 PM »

i wonder what bushie's parents think of him calling himself 'daddy?'
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1420 on: December 29, 2014, 08:23:48 PM »

They probably let him have this little obsession.  It's harmless effectively, and it gets Bushie out of the house/city/state/country for a couple weeks every two years so Ma and Pa can enjoy their Albuquerque roadtrip without Junior napping and farting in the back seat and running up the tab at the Denny's rest stop.   
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1421 on: December 29, 2014, 08:51:48 PM »

They probably let him have this little obsession.  It's harmless effectively, and it gets Bushie out of the house/city/state/country for a couple weeks every two years so Ma and Pa can enjoy their Albuquerque roadtrip without Junior napping and farting in the back seat and running up the tab at the Denny's rest stop.   
The cost of a plane ticket to Kenya is far greater than the total price of food that even Bushie can eat at Denny's. It's not about the money. It's about the peace and quiet. I think the Tulsa apartment, expensive though it may be, serves the same purpose.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1422 on: December 29, 2014, 09:00:43 PM »

The cost of a plane ticket to Kenya is far greater than the total price of food that even Bushie can eat at Denny's. It's not about the money. It's about the peace and quiet. I think the Tulsa apartment, expensive though it may be, serves the same purpose.

I can't imagine Bushie is too loud, save for aforementioned farting.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1423 on: December 29, 2014, 09:02:05 PM »

The Browns could save a little money by making Jeff's ticket to Kenya one-way.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1424 on: December 29, 2014, 09:08:16 PM »

I can't imagine Bushie is too loud, save for aforementioned farting.
Do you think is any less of an insatiable attention whore in real life?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies