IL-02 special election thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 02:57:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-02 special election thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IL-02 special election thread  (Read 9059 times)
Obamanation
United States

« on: February 17, 2013, 04:15:35 PM »

The really painful thing to watch has been the Daily Kos people's litmus test for Democratic purity in this race.  These guys are just as annoyingly goofy about their ideological purity as the tea party Republicans that they oppose.

Ill_Ind

This is a heavily Democratic district, so they are having the luxury to act like that. If it was a swing seat downstate then I'm sure nobody would care if the Dem candidate had an A rating from NRA.
You underestimate some over there.

Exactly. Democrats are running anti-NRA ads against McConnell in Kentucky. Never underestimate the ability of Democrats to blow an otherwise safe race.
Obamanation
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 03:53:30 AM »

The really painful thing to watch has been the Daily Kos people's litmus test for Democratic purity in this race.  These guys are just as annoyingly goofy about their ideological purity as the tea party Republicans that they oppose.

Ill_Ind

This is a heavily Democratic district, so they are having the luxury to act like that. If it was a swing seat downstate then I'm sure nobody would care if the Dem candidate had an A rating from NRA.
You underestimate some over there.

Exactly. Democrats are running anti-NRA ads against McConnell in Kentucky. Never underestimate the ability of Democrats to blow an otherwise safe race.

I didn't know that Mitch McConnell is expected to run in a Democratic primary.

I was referring to the downstate district example you were making. The point is that progressives tend to shoot from the hip regardless of political realities, this causing political damage in already challenging situations - whether in a Democratic primary or in a general election.
Obamanation
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 08:45:09 AM »

Glad that Kelly won. No democrat should win who deigns to go on Faux News and panders to the NRA, arguably the worst organization in this country outside of WBC.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies