FiveThirtyEight: Rubio first real candidate to enter, Cruz/Paul not serious (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:18:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FiveThirtyEight: Rubio first real candidate to enter, Cruz/Paul not serious (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FiveThirtyEight: Rubio first real candidate to enter, Cruz/Paul not serious  (Read 4615 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: April 14, 2015, 01:51:50 AM »

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/marco-rubio-announcement-2016/

The media and pundits are going to look really dumb if Rubio fizzles out.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 03:16:00 PM »

This has been a mainstream media talking point for the past couple of days now, and its quite tiring. Everybody treats Marco Rubio as if he's the real deal, even though he does worse than Paul and Cruz in all the polls. Rubio is more of the same for conservative politics, whereas Paul and Cruz are drastically different and would make changes. People don't seem to like change, so they brush them off as joke candidates.

I feel like it may become a self fulfilling prophecy though. Like, a lot of random Republican primary voters thinking: "Hmm, what about Rubio? That guy that every media outlet in the country spams is a top tier contender and a great candidate? Sure, I guess I'll support him."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies