In what Month of 2017 will republicans defund PP? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:14:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  In what Month of 2017 will republicans defund PP? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: This can probably be done through reconciliation, so the filibuster isn't an issue
January

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

2018 or Later

They won't defund it (troll option)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: In what Month of 2017 will republicans defund PP?  (Read 737 times)
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« on: November 18, 2016, 08:12:57 PM »

Can an anti-Planned Parenthood person here tell me how stripping the organization of public funds stops abortions that are not funded by public funds?

As a followup to that, can someone tell me what is the benefit of de-funding all of the good the organization does, but leaving all the bad you think it does untouched?

Even if the funds don't go directly to abortions, we're still making the taxpayer complicit in funding an organization that at least 40% of the country disagrees with the actions of. Plus I'm sure PP uses the money for abortions at times and just covers it up.

Settle it with a referendum, if possible. We did one and today no one even thinks abortion is an issue.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 09:17:57 PM »

Can an anti-Planned Parenthood person here tell me how stripping the organization of public funds stops abortions that are not funded by public funds?

As a followup to that, can someone tell me what is the benefit of de-funding all of the good the organization does, but leaving all the bad you think it does untouched?

Even if the funds don't go directly to abortions, we're still making the taxpayer complicit in funding an organization that at least 40% of the country disagrees with the actions of. Plus I'm sure PP uses the money for abortions at times and just covers it up.

Settle it with a referendum, if possible. We did one and today no one even thinks abortion is an issue.

The constitution contains no provision for a nationwide referendum on x issue.

Ahh!.. Didn't knew that. Thanks for info. Smiley

I don't think is wise to create more fuss about an issue that was decided in the 70's. Like Mercenary said, PP does also a lot more than abortions and it's defunding will create more problems than solutions. And for the information i've read, every time a Rep governor tries to defund it, the courts decide in favour of PP.
With the country so divided, with an election so, so close, why would the Republican Party open a Pandora box on this issue? It doesn't make any sense.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies