Volkswagen workers in Tennessee vote to join UAW (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:19:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Volkswagen workers in Tennessee vote to join UAW (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Volkswagen workers in Tennessee vote to join UAW  (Read 1090 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« on: April 20, 2024, 02:31:51 PM »

You'd have to be legitimately brain dead to argue against unions, since they are largely the reason the middle class American dream ever existed, and their coordinated destruction a big part of why the latter has disappeared.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 12:14:59 PM »

Just for reference only 10% of Americans are apart of a union, but sure they’re the ones with all the power in economic policy…

I never said the unions had all the power in economic policy. I said they had undue power created by government rules and laws deliberately favoring them.

That's to prevent worker uprisings, starvation, poverty, and mass shootings.

Corporations actually are not all that humane and giving if left to their own devices as seen in the late 19th century.

Until he finds employment and has to support himself, he will not appreciate the impact unions had on creating many of the benefits for workers we take for granted today, such as the 40 hour work week, holidays, injury compensation, etc. There's a reason right wing pundits and paid corporate shills have been pushing the anti-union narrative for the last few decades (they always were, but not as effectively.) Fortunately it looks like the anti-union environment in the United States (which is why we have one of the worst income inequality situations in the entire world) is finally starting to turn.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024, 04:27:33 PM »

Just for reference only 10% of Americans are apart of a union, but sure they’re the ones with all the power in economic policy…

I never said the unions had all the power in economic policy. I said they had undue power created by government rules and laws deliberately favoring them.

That's to prevent worker uprisings, starvation, poverty, and mass shootings.

Corporations actually are not all that humane and giving if left to their own devices as seen in the late 19th century.

Until he finds employment and has to support himself, he will not appreciate the impact unions had on creating many of the benefits for workers we take for granted today, such as the 40 hour work week, holidays, injury compensation, etc. There's a reason right wing pundits and paid corporate shills have been pushing the anti-union narrative for the last few decades (they always were, but not as effectively.) Fortunately it looks like the anti-union environment in the United States (which is why we have one of the worst income inequality situations in the entire world) is finally starting to turn.

Unions didn't create any of those things. And unions are still declining, so no.

Well this sure did assuage my previous perception of you as a historically illiterate, low-effort troll.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies