What Is Obama's Long-Term Plan to Rival the Romney/Ryan Plan? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:24:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What Is Obama's Long-Term Plan to Rival the Romney/Ryan Plan? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Is Obama's Long-Term Plan to Rival the Romney/Ryan Plan?  (Read 6645 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: August 12, 2012, 05:07:55 PM »

Obama has a plan and he will implement it when the economy is not in danger of falling back into recession thanks to draconian cuts.

Does the Obama plan that you allege exists have any details, beyond repealing the Bush tax cuts for "the rich," and increasing taxes on capital gains and dividends for "the rich," which deals with about 5% or so of the deficit bomb?  Or do we find that out after the election?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 07:24:12 PM »

This cap sh**t should just stop. Thanks.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 08:45:24 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2012, 08:53:53 AM by Torie »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh dear, dear. Here is my first six pack of questions for you Politico. Yes, I find posing questions often the best way to go about matters like this. 1. What costs are going to be passed on to the states?  2. Where will they get the money?  3. How will dirt poor Mississippi et al handle it all? 4. How workable is it to have 50 different this and thats across the Fruited Plain? 5. What does that do for economic efficiency?  6. How does one avoid a race to the bottom?  

Oh moving on to Brittian33 to just say hi, you say accurately that health care premiums were "skyrocketing" before health care reform (a hyperbolic term but sadly accurate). What have health care premiums been doing since?  Health care reform in the end has little to do with containing premiums, as currently fashioned, has little to do with containing premium costs, and a lot more to do with expanding health care services to those that don't have them, and effecting a rationing regime behind closed doors through regulatory fiat. Unless we go the Torie route, in partial mitigation, and it will only be partial, for those that can afford it, costs are going to ramp up, and at a faster rate, before the health care reform structure that has been put in place collapses. It won't take long. Thanks.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 08:56:52 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2012, 09:06:22 AM by Torie »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh dear, dear. Here is my first six pack of questions for you Politico. Yes, I find posing questions often the best way to go about matters like this. 1. What costs are going to be passed on to the states?  2. Where will they get the money?  3. How will dirt poor Mississippi et al handle it all? 4. How workable is it to have 50 different this and thats across the Fruited Plain? 5. What does that do for economic efficiency?  6. How does one avoid a race to the bottom?  

Torie, surely you know that your rhetorical questions (when re-stated as statements) are the not-so-secretly desired goals of Politico and his ilk. "Transferring Medicaid to the states" is just a roundabout and slightly more politically palpable way of eliminating it completely. Same with all other federal programs that must be "transferred to the states."

Well, let Politico have his turn at bat here. I am just trying to get the chap in shape. Going way out on limbs is fun if you enjoy being edgy, but tends to make one "uninsurable" as it were.

Oh, I see now that Politico just hung himself above. Hey Politico, why don't we play a game?  I need to do my morning libations now. Why don't you pretend that you are Torie, and put up a post responding to your own little statements above, trying to get into my little mind as to what I might say?  Just how good are you at detecting the weaknesses in your own arguments/assertions?  
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 09:44:05 AM »

What do you think the "ultimate consequences" of your proposal(s) are, Politico?  Yes, I think that might be fruitful path to explore here. Ultimate consequences typically are.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 10:18:32 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2012, 10:20:28 AM by Torie »

I am saving my "thought experiment" for later on this. I have a dream. Anvi is definitely on the right track here, but has not yet fully etched out "the vision thing." Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies