states Romney must win (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:04:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  states Romney must win (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: states Romney must win  (Read 9833 times)
WhyteRain
Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -2.78

« on: June 28, 2012, 08:56:44 AM »

Florida
Ohio
and, for Wan, Colorado
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 12:36:21 PM »

Excellent maps in recent posts.  Great jobs, guys.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 09:35:40 AM »

Three states that are important early:

Virginia polls will close at 7 pm
Maine and New Hamp at 8pm

If by 9 pm:

1.  Obama wins all three, then he wins.

2.  Romney wins one, Obama two, then it's a close race.

3.  Romney wins two (or more), then the rout is on.

So you have a good chance at going to bed early knowing the winner.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 04:00:07 PM »

If by 9 pm:

What if we hit 9 PM and they've called Maine but NH and Virginia are not yet called?

Virginia will be called by then. Either for Romney or Virgil Goode, but certainly not for the Beast.

Kenyanobama, have you created an electoral map/linked to it in your profile?

Not yet. Not all of us have all day to play on the computer. Some of us toil in fields, like our forefathers. Once I have time, I will make one. It may surprise you.

I'll go out on a limb and predict that you'll predict that Arkansas and all its neighbors are safe for the GOP.

Interestingly, I think I read that Arkansas, Mississippi, and Louisiana were the last of the Old Confederacy states to have Democratic-majorities.  (Alabama and North Carolina going GOP for the first time since the infernal Reconstruction in 2010.)
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 08:30:56 AM »

If by 9 pm:

What if we hit 9 PM and they've called Maine but NH and Virginia are not yet called?

Virginia will be called by then. Either for Romney or Virgil Goode, but certainly not for the Beast.

Kenyanobama, have you created an electoral map/linked to it in your profile?

Not yet. Not all of us have all day to play on the computer. Some of us toil in fields, like our forefathers. Once I have time, I will make one. It may surprise you.

I'll go out on a limb and predict that you'll predict that Arkansas and all its neighbors are safe for the GOP.

Interestingly, I think I read that Arkansas, Mississippi, and Louisiana were the last of the Old Confederacy states to have Democratic-majorities.  (Alabama and North Carolina going GOP for the first time since the infernal Reconstruction in 2010.)

Pretty sure a majority of registered voters in Kentucky, Louisiana, and West Virginia are registered Democrats (as well as in Maryland and Pennsylvania), while a majority of voters are registered Republican in only Wyoming.

I was referring to the legislative majorities of states subjected to Reconstruction.  That leaves out Kentucky and West Virginia.

Btw, for the past year and a half, more Americans have identified themselves as Republican than Democrat.  http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/archive/mood_of_america_archive/partisan_trends/summary_of_party_affiliation
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 12:08:29 PM »

Romney will only win states where the majority of the voters are racists, e.g. Mississippi, Utah, Alaska, South Carolina and Alabama.

Because the only reason people vote against Obama is because they're racists? Not because he's been an awful President?

Racism is like religion in these states (in fact it goes with religion). These people will never thoughtfully evaluate how good Obama's presidency has been, they just think of his skin colour.

The most racist areas of America are the ones where the Civil Rights Riots occurred in the 1960s.  Those areas are STILL the most segregated in America.  You should do some research.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies