Opinion of the Bharatiya Janata Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:51:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the Bharatiya Janata Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of the BJP
Freedom Party

Horrible Party

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 68

Author Topic: Opinion of the Bharatiya Janata Party  (Read 2522 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: April 17, 2014, 06:40:40 AM »

Hmmm, the BJP.  Nukes for India, national and state politicians at the forefront of campaigns to destroy mosques and attack Muslim civilians, ever-ramping up hostilities in Kashmir, ect., ect... Nope, shouldn't be in power. 

Do you know who originally got India the bomb?

Anyway, HP.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 02:54:28 PM »

I have read books recently as noted thoughnot on Indian politics. But I do know the BJP are a nasty bunch who love to stir up sectarian hatred and riots. If I missed sometging redeeming about them please advise.

That isn't particularly significant for neoliberal types, 'cause Modi is their man.

Of course, the INC is not exactly innocent of stirring up sectarian hate, though it pales in comparison to Gujarat in 2002.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 03:57:54 PM »

It takes a truly remarkable group of people to look at Pakistan and wish that India were like that. Fortunately we have the BJP to fill that void.

Hmmm, the BJP.  Nukes for India, national and state politicians at the forefront of campaigns to destroy mosques and attack Muslim civilians, ever-ramping up hostilities in Kashmir, ect., ect... Nope, shouldn't be in power. 

Obviously the pogroms are horrific, but I don't see any reason for India not to have nuclear weapons if other countries do. Are nuclear weapons reserved for white people? Considering India's foreign policy over the years, nuclear India provides a powerful moderating force in world affairs, and that's not even taking into account the persistent threat of Pakistani aggression.

Exactly. Also, as I mentioned, the BJP weren't even the ones who got India the bomb- 'twas Indira Gandhi.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 06:17:18 AM »

Bumped in light of landslide success.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies