Pentagon Opens All Combat Positions to Women (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:18:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pentagon Opens All Combat Positions to Women (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pentagon Opens All Combat Positions to Women  (Read 2064 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: December 03, 2015, 01:03:44 PM »

Oh boy........
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 02:38:23 PM »

I have no faith in the military brass to get his done right........
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 10:13:54 AM »

As I don't much about how the military operates, I don't really understand what you mean by this. Do you (or someone else who might understand) mind elaborating?

I think they're going to relax standards in some areas and say they didn't.  Then get caught.  I think they'll look for ways to make sure very few, if any women, make it through special forces training.  Then get caught.

The military brass (not the troops) is a good ole boys world that DOES. NOT. WANT. THIS.   But it's stuck with it.

And forget the article where it says all the Joint Chief's are on board.......the Marines were the only ones honest enough to say it's not a good idea.   They all believe it.

IMO
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 11:16:26 AM »

As I don't much about how the military operates, I don't really understand what you mean by this. Do you (or someone else who might understand) mind elaborating?

I think they're going to relax standards in some areas and say they didn't.  Then get caught.  I think they'll look for ways to make sure very few, if any women, make it through special forces training.  Then get caught.

The military brass (not the troops) is a good ole boys world that DOES. NOT. WANT. THIS.   But it's stuck with it.

And forget the article where it says all the Joint Chief's are on board.......the Marines were the only ones honest enough to say it's not a good idea.   They all believe it.

IMO
Your sexism is on another level.... 

Just a reality check.  You'll see I"m right.  I have no problem with women serving in all roles.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 08:26:36 PM »

IMO
Your sexism is on another level.... 

NOw I'm just a foreigner, those primary language is not English, but I think this line from grumps:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

...say that the common troops don't have anything against letting women serve, but the reactionary old men in charge are the ones having a problem with women serving in combat.

So I think it's a very insulting to call him sexist based on what he wrote in comment you quoted.

Thanks but he only read what he wanted to.   Yes until the joint chiefs, secretaries of the services, and 4 stars are predominantly women, it's old men I'm criticizing. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies