Opinion of the phrase "Wussification of America" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:07:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the phrase "Wussification of America" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of this phrase
Freedom phrase

Horrible phrase

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Opinion of the phrase "Wussification of America"  (Read 2693 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: December 28, 2013, 03:58:02 AM »

Basically, the term refers to weakening of American society into wussies because we are losing faith, values, morals, etc.

Horrible and very, very annoying. My dis-likeness for the "traditional/moral values!" and "discipline!" republicans can't be overstated. Whether its true or not I'm not judging, but how its used by the pundits is in fact disgusting.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 08:17:07 AM »
« Edited: December 28, 2013, 08:19:35 AM by ElectionsGuy »

When I think of the term (not that I think of the term often) I don't think about people losing faith, values or morals.  I think about men getting manicures, being afraid to kill spiders, not knowing how to drive a manual, not knowing how to change a tire (much less a starter), mom's showing up to yell at teachers and bosses when their spoiled little brats get yelled at for being little bitches, asking to be banned from a message board because they can't figure out how to calm down, the NFL's wussy rule changes, giving trophies for competing, helicopter parents and Janet Jackson's nipple.

I agree with you on almost every front you stated there, and think its ridiculous that political correctness and the left demand that people be more equal no matter how they work.  But what I think conservatives are saying is that we need to bring back the traditional way of life in order for the nation to be mentally and physically strong. That's what I meant when I was saying losing morals and values. I don't think we need to be religious or be very disciplinary in order for our society to be strong, but I think raising children in a way that they understand consequences and how to act in front of people, etc. is important. What you stated is basically political correctness that is making us wussies, and that I can agree with. But I do think conservative pundits are really talking about the new, more secular society that focuses more on enjoying themselves more than doing the most work, that is decaying our strength as a nation. And that I don't necessarily agree with.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 09:25:39 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2013, 09:27:26 PM by ElectionsGuy »

The point of "giving everyone a trophy" is so that they'll have some kind of memento to remember the fun times of playing on the team.  No one is under the impression the trophy represents some kind of championship.

There is absolutely nothing objectionable about the practice, at least in the elementary/middle school times.

You can give all the kids participation medals, but a trophy? A trophy is supposed to represent a hard earned victory, not just to remember fun times.

I refuse to believe that this is a real phrase used by real people.

If you don't believe me:

http://mediamatters.org/research/2013/12/23/top-ten-things-fox-decided-will-lead-to-the-wus/197334

But it IS Faux so I wouldn't take it too seriously.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies