Man granted clemency by Gov. Huckabee suspected of killing 4 cops in Washington (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:39:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Man granted clemency by Gov. Huckabee suspected of killing 4 cops in Washington (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Man granted clemency by Gov. Huckabee suspected of killing 4 cops in Washington  (Read 3801 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: November 30, 2009, 08:44:32 PM »

Why was his original sentence commuted?  Why were his other charges dropped?  I don't think large, violent, psychotic, poor African-American men receive that much soft treatment by our criminal justice system.

I believe it was because he was only 17 when he was convicted.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 09:37:50 PM »

Why was his original sentence commuted?  Why were his other charges dropped?  I don't think large, violent, psychotic, poor African-American men receive that much soft treatment by our criminal justice system.

I believe it was because he was only 17 when he was convicted.
So ageism strikes again...

I'm not justifying it - in fact, Huckabee's stance on law and order issues were one of the main reasons I didn't support him.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 01:09:14 AM »

It's almost impossible to predict what offender will offend again if released on parole or due to some executive clemency. The quadruple killing, so seemingly senseless, should demonstrate the obvious about jailbirds; many of them are consummate liars, people who can present themselves as more innocent than you or I.

A reason not to grant clemency, in my opinion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies