primary poll scatter plots for each candidate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:39:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  primary poll scatter plots for each candidate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: primary poll scatter plots for each candidate  (Read 1908 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: October 15, 2007, 12:16:02 PM »

As this latest plot shows, the candidate with the most negative momentum in the national GOP polls right now is Fred Thompson.  Given the current trends, might McCain actually retake second place in the national polls before the end of the year?

This trend would put Huckabee right below Giuliani.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 04:25:53 PM »

You mean if all the trendlines were to continue in exactly the same direction they are now through January?  Well yeah, but I don't know that they're all going to keep going exactly as they are now for that long.  Not sure that Huckabee can keep gaining at his present rate for that long.  But McCain and Thompson are close enough that I was thinking their trendlines might cross again before the year is out.

I think McCain's done - like Hillary will be.  Thompson's fad - when he dies down, he's done.  Giuliani will fall, just like McCain.  Huckabee will gain some, and level out.  Romney will win.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 12:19:35 AM »

I agree that Romney is the most likely to win (though I think it's close between him and Giuliani).  But there's no way that Romney is going to take the lead in the national polls until after he wins Iowa and/or New Hampshire.  I'm not thinking that far out in the future.  Just saying that, in the short term, I think Thompson might very well drop below McCain in the national polls.  Of course this is a state-by-state by contest, so the national polls ultimately don't mean anything about who's going to win the nomination.  It was just an observation.

Oh, I agree, but neither did Kerry.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies