Hillary Willing to Work with Sanders on Shaping Democratic Platform (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:04:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Willing to Work with Sanders on Shaping Democratic Platform (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary Willing to Work with Sanders on Shaping Democratic Platform  (Read 1660 times)
dax00

« on: May 01, 2016, 11:28:38 PM »

She's clearly not, but since this is the tactically correct move...of course Mrs. Clinton is 'willing to work' with Bernie.
dax00

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 12:14:05 AM »
« Edited: May 02, 2016, 12:20:33 AM by đậξ ⁰₀ »

Hillary has not been running a progressive campaign. She has been running a campaign of emotions almost devoid of specific policy substance not similar to the status quo. Sure, she'll allow progressive planks, but she wouldn't actually try to work to get those progressive measures passed.

Liars' language: "I certainly look forward...", "I really welcome his ideas..."

...and she even admitted it's more important to her to beat Trump than to purvey progressive values. She said it twice.
dax00

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 12:18:30 AM »

So what would she do in office? Sit around for four years, just hangin'?
Precisely that, and making sure her donors get what they want. And the occasional effort to pass an anti-discrimination bill.
dax00

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 01:23:48 AM »

To the extent that the media cared about Hillary and her supporters in 08, it was usually phrased as "How can Obama get all those dumb racists to support him in the general?" But this time from their tone you'd think they want Bernie to handwrite the platform and make Hillary sign her name at the bottom in her own blood. I recall a lot of "Hillary Clinton is entitled to nothing" sentiment despite her having a much stronger showing than Bernie did, but now suddenly it matters?

Of course, I do agree with her decision and admire her for treating him with far more respect than she was treated with. That's just the kind of person she is. But the media and "Democratic establishment's" double standard needed to be called out.

In '08, I disliked both Democratic candidates. Obama was never entitled to Hillary's voters, and the Obama supporters were wrong for calling Hillary supporters racists. Hillary gladly supported Obama, because they were just about the same anyways.

This time, Hillary isn't entitled to Bernie's supporters. The difference is that there is a big difference between the candidates, and Bernie (out of principle) will not ask his supporters to just swing along to Hillary.

Bernie has treated Hillary very respectfully. But he has to call her out. It's like prosecuting the murder trial against O.J. Simpson. You have to prove he's guilty but maintain due process. The media has been way more supportive of Hillary than any other candidate in the field of either party.
dax00

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 01:42:24 AM »
« Edited: May 02, 2016, 01:53:17 AM by đậξ ⁰₀ »

The media has been way more supportive of Hillary than any other candidate in the field of either party.

Based on what?

The data were aggregated from posts on Twitter.... and the majority of voters (i.e. older people) don't often frequent Twitter.
They also counted retweets to further skew the data.

The fact that the number of retweets of negative stories against Sanders is so high in such a pro-Sanders medium as Twitter goes to show how numerous the anti-Sanders stories (tweeted by the MSM, the only (re)tweets accepted for the "study") must have been.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies