Democratic Alliance Party HQ - Snap July Convention [PARTY PLATFORM ADOPTED] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 06:04:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance Party HQ - Snap July Convention [PARTY PLATFORM ADOPTED] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance Party HQ - Snap July Convention [PARTY PLATFORM ADOPTED]  (Read 6810 times)
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 08, 2020, 03:10:57 PM »

Aye
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 12:08:54 AM »
« Edited: July 15, 2020, 04:15:28 AM by 🌐 »

I really don't like the protectionist language but I get that I'm in the minority on that. Perhaps as a consolation prize to us global market worshippers we could add something along the lines of:

-Expand free trade agreements with countries which share Atlasia's values of liberal democracy, strong workers' rights, and environmental protection.

Two more suggestions:
-We support strong stimulus measures in times of economic hardship.

-All income, whether from wages, investments, or other compensation, should be taxed equally.

And if people are interested:
-We support a negative income tax to provide a minimum standard of living for our most vulnerable, implemented as part of a larger package to remove welfare cliffs and ensure working Atlasians have more money in their pockets.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 09:06:44 PM »

I strongly object to the substance of most of FairBol's amendments, with the exception of Ecomonic 1, Economic 3, and Economic 8. I most strenuously oppose his position on abortion, given our policy is far to restrictive to start with.

I support declaring that abortion is a fundamental human right, and women are always best equipped to make decisions about their own bodies.

Two more suggestions:
We will actively promote Atlasian values of liberal democracy, free and fair markets, and the rule of law around the world to combat the rise of illiberal, authoritarian regimes.

Working class and middle class Atlasians should pay less in taxes than they do today, compensated for by higher taxes on the very wealthy and reduced military spending.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 10:33:40 PM »

A modification to make the HSR plank more forward-thinking:

High speed rail is key to Atlasia's prosperity and sustainability. We support new legislation bringing high speed rail to all major cities nationwide, as well as expanded connectivity in underserved rural areas. This should be accompanied with unprecedented mass-transit expansion in our urban cores to build a country truly ready for the 21st century.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 10:03:33 PM »

I support declaring that abortion is a fundamental human right, and women are always best equipped to make decisions about their own bodies.

Sorry, but no.  I understand the whole "my body, my choice" argument....but that's in error, at best. 

It is an actual fact that the fetus meets all scientific criteria for a living organism (I'll go into detail if requested to).  That being the case, it is not simply part of a woman's body. 

The fetus is a living thing, and thus has the right to life.  Taking away that right is tantamount to murder. 

A fetus is not a person and therefore abortion is not murder.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 11:38:09 PM »

A fetus is not a person and therefore abortion is not murder.
BTW, whether you believe the fetus is a person or not, this question is somewhat of a "red herring".  Even non-humanoid organisms have a right to life, do they not? For example, your pet dog has a right to live, regardless of the fact that it's not human.  Can we at least agree on that?
This is an inappropriate place to have this discussion, but no. There is no moral consensus that killing any living thing is wrong. You can put down a pet dog when it's reaching the end of its life. You can kill a fly that's annoying you. You can kill animals for food. Anyhow, I'd request that you either join DA or at least inundate every other party with requests to change their platform to suit you, instead of singling us out.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 12:07:44 AM »

[ X ] Option 1
Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare. The right to have access to abortion services should not be restricted to women during their first 20 weeks of pregnancy.

[  ] Option 2
Abortion is a decision best left for the regions to decide, not federal government. It should only be legal in cases of rape, incest or when the mother's life is endangered. Birth control and contraceptives should be free and readily available.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 02:04:38 PM »

I nominate Alliance, Ohio for the convention.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies