SEC charges Trump Media auditor with ‘massive fraud’
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:08:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  SEC charges Trump Media auditor with ‘massive fraud’
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SEC charges Trump Media auditor with ‘massive fraud’  (Read 150 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 03, 2024, 09:24:39 PM »

BF Borgers, Trump Media & Technology Group’s independent accounting firm, was charged by the Securities and Exchange Commission on Friday with widespread fraud and accused of operating a “sham audit mill.”

The SEC made no allegation of wrongdoing against Truth Social owner Trump Media ...

The SEC accused BF Borgers of “deliberate and systemic failures,” including “fabricating” audit documentation and falsely representing to clients its work would comply with accounting standards
The agency described this as “massive” fraud taking place between January 2021 and June 2023 that impacted more than 1,500 SEC filings and more than 500 public companies.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/03/business/trump-media-accounting-firm-charged-fraud/index.html

It makes you wonder if trump, somehow behind the scenes, knew this accounting firm was all about fraud and fake numbers. And that somehow, that was a decision why trump or his executives chose these fraudsters, to "certify" Trump Media's accounting practices.

It would not surprise me.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 09:27:22 PM »

Also,

Is the accounting firm, BF Borgers, not the accounting firm that OSR works for?
The name sounds familiar, with prior discussion here on Atlas.
If so, he is out of a job.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 09:56:50 PM »

Also,

Uh no , and why are people so obsessed with me . I also would never disclose the location where I work as I don’t want to be doxxed
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 10:30:44 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2024, 10:35:14 PM by lfromnj »

Im really not sure how much worse Trump Media could be from a financial perspective. It seems more that this accounting firm did cut corners overall but again Trump Media seems relatively honest in that its a scam with 1m in revenue and 50m in losses. Like lets say it was 100m in losses. Does anyone care?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2024, 12:35:57 PM »

Also,

Uh no , and why are people so obsessed with me . I also would never disclose the location where I work as I don’t want to be doxxed

Sorry. My error.
I just do remember some discussion about this firm, somewhere here on Atlas, but don't recall who it was attached to.
I do recall you saying the firm you worked for was not one of the Big Four, though.
Anyway, glad it's not your firm.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2024, 12:39:50 PM »

Im really not sure how much worse Trump Media could be from a financial perspective. It seems more that this accounting firm did cut corners overall but again Trump Media seems relatively honest in that its a scam with 1m in revenue and 50m in losses. Like lets say it was 100m in losses. Does anyone care?

Correct.
And I do not see their losses, converting over to profits in the future.
Trump Media's "going concern" (an accounting and legal term) is definitely an issue, and its demise is more than likely inevitable.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies