Colorado state legislator expelled for sexual harassment
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:48:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Colorado state legislator expelled for sexual harassment
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Colorado state legislator expelled for sexual harassment  (Read 2483 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 02, 2018, 07:02:25 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 07:18:43 PM »

Will there be a special or is it too late?
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 10:17:07 PM »

My understanding is that a committee of representatives meets to appoint a new member. Unfortunately, because Lebsock is a terrible person, this happened:

(http://www.cpr.org/news/story/steve-lebsock-legislature-expulsion)

Either way, Lebsock is a horrible person. For his own defense he circulated a dossier which included sexual history of some of his accusers. I'm glad that the vote wasn't close.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 10:18:34 PM »

HE SWITCHED PARTIES. PARTY OF SEXUAL HARASSERS CONFIRMED.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 10:37:51 PM »

My understanding is that a committee of representatives meets to appoint a new member. Unfortunately, because Lebsock is a terrible person, this happened:

(http://www.cpr.org/news/story/steve-lebsock-legislature-expulsion)

Either way, Lebsock is a horrible person. For his own defense he circulated a dossier which included sexual history of some of his accusers. I'm glad that the vote wasn't close.

I wonder if he threatened to do this beforehand unless they backed him, or if it was just creative revenge.

Either way, Democrats will win it back this November anyway. Pretty useless stunt in the end.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 10:50:00 PM »

Wait, the Republicans were actually backing this guy much more than the Democrats the whole time.
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 10:52:06 PM »

Of course he switches to the Colorado GOP after being expelled for sexual harassment. What a disgrace; I'm glad this creep's gone, whether the committee to appoint his replacement is Democratic or Republican.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 04:07:37 AM »

Idiocy on both sides (legislature, and this particular legislator) continues. As Democrats are much more active on "anti-predator" front, i expect some more party switches to Republican party.. And i hope "sexual harrassment" idiocy will never touch Russia))))
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 07:51:56 AM »

Of course he switches to the Colorado GOP after being expelled for sexual harassment. What a disgrace; I'm glad this creep's gone, whether the committee to appoint his replacement is Democratic or Republican.

Ditto.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2018, 09:08:04 AM »

Idiocy on both sides (legislature, and this particular legislator) continues. As Democrats are much more active on "anti-predator" front, i expect some more party switches to Republican party.. And i hope "sexual harrassment" idiocy will never touch Russia))))
Nah, the country of legalised domestic violence and gay bashing will never hold predators to account.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2018, 09:11:31 AM »

This story keeps getting wilder.

Colo. state reps. wore bulletproof vests over fear of retaliation amid misconduct scandal
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2018, 09:13:41 AM »
« Edited: March 03, 2018, 09:25:57 AM by smoltchanov »

Nah, the country of legalised domestic violence and gay bashing will never hold predators to account.

Yes. And 95% of Russian women will agree with that. THAT's what most important, not what some in the West think about it. We can live with that easily.. Despite all existing problems our women prefer men behaving as men always did in Russia, and want their attention...
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2018, 10:08:07 AM »

Yes. And 95% of Russian women will agree with that. THAT's what most important, not what some in the West think about it. We can live with that easily.. Despite all existing problems our women prefer men behaving as men always did in Russia, and want their attention...

This particular line of discussion hasn't been productive in the past and it is likely to derail this thread about a Colorado legislator.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2018, 10:39:06 AM »

This particular line of discussion hasn't been productive in the past and it is likely to derail this thread about a Colorado legislator.

I simply answered, but - i agree.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2018, 11:09:18 AM »

Agreed with this.  Get him out of there.  The safety of his colleges is more important than whether that seat has a Rep or Dem in it.

And people has the gall to ask why victims of sexual harassment/assault are hesitant to come forward with their claims.  These are representatives in positions of power who had to deal with this man’s sexual harassment and the process of removing him involved him trying to exploit their personal lives and giving them the fear of being shot and killed.  They are brave and its unfortunate that they had to go through all of this just to do their own jobs.

I agree with your broader point, but these people wearing vests were male representatives who hopped on board the ouster, not accusers. My guess is they are Ds who Lebsock had a working relationship with in the past who he thought he could bully.
Cynthia
ueutyi
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -3.63

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2018, 04:03:23 PM »

Wow this guy is gross.. Switched to Republican to  Democrats really is this how legislators are supposed to be in American today?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2018, 01:07:51 AM »

Wow this guy is gross.. Switched to Republican to  Democrats really is this how legislators are supposed to be in American today?

Switching was a common practice in the South since 1950th-60th at least until very recent times (and still - happens in not so small numbers). And there are switches in opposite direction too. It's another matter, that this was done purely out of revenge. But, probably, the legislator in question was of opinion, that Republicans were of more positive view to his interpretation of what really happened... He, surely, wasn't a big fan of identity politics or SJW-culture, which dominates Democratic party of late.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 01:10:19 AM »

Switching was a common practice in the South since 1950th-60th at least until very recent times (and still - happens in not so small numbers). And there are switches in opposite direction too. It's another matter, that this was done purely out of revenge. But, probably, the legislator in question was of opinion, that Republicans were of more positive view to his interpretation of what really happened... He, surely, wasn't a big fan of identity politics or SJW-culture, which dominates Democratic party of late.

He got voted out by more than just democrats. It was almost unanimous.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2018, 01:26:54 AM »

He got voted out by more than just democrats. It was almost unanimous.

I know that. Still he, obviously, holds bigger grudge against Democrats.. May be (as a former Democrat) he thought that his party must defend him...
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2018, 04:40:58 AM »

Jesus Christ dude...

People like you claim, but really really really really rarely ever actually know what women want. And chalking it up to Russian nationalism isn't even deeper dive.

Hey honey, you like working here and don't mind a little grab ass right? Hey! I'm talking to you!! Don't walk away from me!

F****** pathetic
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2018, 07:16:28 AM »

Jesus Christ dude...

People like you claim, but really really really really rarely ever actually know what women want. And chalking it up to Russian nationalism isn't even deeper dive.

Hey honey, you like working here and don't mind a little grab ass right? Hey! I'm talking to you!! Don't walk away from me!

F****** pathetic

I perfectly know what i am talking about. After all- i live in Russia (and lived here most of my life), not you. I talked with a lot of women on my job, for example (and you may be sure i read what Russian women write on social network too), and they all had nothing, but scorn and finger at head's temple, when they learned about this new American "obsession". But i gave my word to moderator not to delve deep into this matter again, and thus - will not discuss it any further here. But 95% may be even too little...)))
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2018, 07:17:08 AM »

smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2018, 10:06:35 AM »

Fully agree. But forced to react. If nobody will try "to teach me a lesson", which i will not accept anyway (so, it's simply useless) - everything will be fine.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2018, 10:43:15 AM »

Fully agree. But forced to react. If nobody will try "to teach me a lesson", which i will not accept anyway (so, it's simply useless) - everything will be fine.

How were you forced to react? You brought it up and now keep responding and lashing out at anyone who dares disagree with you. This insecure and unmanly behavior might make women not enjoy it when you rape them so you may wanna watch it.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2018, 12:38:25 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2018, 01:01:46 PM by smoltchanov »

How were you forced to react? You brought it up and now keep responding and lashing out at anyone who dares disagree with you. This insecure and unmanly behavior might make women not enjoy it when you rape them so you may wanna watch it.

[offtopic]I added one phrase about "hope, that will never happen in Russia". And i really hope it will never happen here. Because it's an idiocy by Russian standards, and in Russia they are the only thing i am concerned with. That was all, until somebody REALLY brought it up, and i was forced to respond to accusations against my country like yours about "rape" against me in the past. Must i be silent against such "comments"? Excuse me, but no way! You  may be of different opinion, but no one gave you the right to "judge" me or my country (or "teach us a lesson", who are you after all, to do that, and why must we care??). You are neither a judge nor God Almighty. I don't even mention here that what's normal in one country may not be normal in another. In Russia flirt, hugs and even kisses are "part of the game", and are welcomed by women as much as by men. Not so in Western Europe and US? I may believe that, but i also have a right on opinion, and for me it's an idiocy, pure and simple. BTW - would you be lesser idiot, Gustaf, you would understand, that my contacts with women never included rape, and, if something remotely similar took place - an initiator was always a woman. But you seem to be too dumb even for that...[/offtopic]

P.S. Let's return to Colorado legislator. It seems there are really interesting psychological moments in his behavoir. Probably, he was reasonably sure that his party will defend him as party member and went mad at "party's betrayal". Hence - his party switch and desire to "revenge" it the only way he can - by handling seat to other party..
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies