Atlantic: Trump Can't Reverse the Decline of White Christian America (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:58:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Atlantic: Trump Can't Reverse the Decline of White Christian America (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlantic: Trump Can't Reverse the Decline of White Christian America  (Read 6372 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 07, 2017, 07:48:08 PM »

"Trump can't reverse the decline of white, Christian America", says increasingly panicked establishment.

Don't be stupid. Levels of both white Americans and Christianity is on a downward trajectory. You want to bray about your man god (fortunately you live under Trudeau by your avatar or something) but at least ascertain your facts are remotely correct.

For starters one would want to evaluate why Trump lost the popular vote despite winning whites by a record 22 points.

Hint: non whites.

The 👏🏻 popular 👏🏻 vote 👏🏻 doesn't 👏🏻 matter. The 👏🏻 GOP 👏🏻 win 👏🏻 when 👏🏻 they 👏🏻 appeal 👏🏻 to 👏🏻 white 👏🏻 people 👏🏻

I'm glad you guys are at least willing to admit that you're not interested in representing or serving the United States, but rather only one particular group within the United States. And that you are willing to rely exclusively on the undemocratic electoral college, gerrymandered districts, and the unrepresentative Senate to maintain control. Not that we didn't already know this though...

Oh yeah? Well here us now, tough guy! You're totally wrong about the Republican Party because......

Reasons.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 07:50:23 PM »

"Trump can't reverse the decline of white, Christian America", says increasingly panicked establishment.

Don't be stupid. Levels of both white Americans and Christianity is on a downward trajectory. You want to bray about your man god (fortunately you live under Trudeau by your avatar or something) but at least ascertain your facts are remotely correct.

For starters one would want to evaluate why Trump lost the popular vote despite winning whites by a record 22 points.

Hint: non whites.

The 👏🏻 popular 👏🏻 vote 👏🏻 doesn't 👏🏻 matter. The 👏🏻 GOP 👏🏻 win 👏🏻 when 👏🏻 they 👏🏻 appeal 👏🏻 to 👏🏻 white 👏🏻 people 👏🏻

I realize you're Canadian living under Trudeau and thinks somehow Trump is the Great White Saviour and you don't understand American elections, but let me give you an impromptu lesson. Because by God, I know my sh*t in this area. And I know you don't.

I bet you felt really good about yourself while writing that - powerful, even.

One! The popular vote matters in terms of delivering electoral legitimacy. If you - a Republican - cannot win the popular vote and 35-40% of whites vote Democratic, because you lost California by 4 milliion votes, Illinois by 2 million votes, New York by 2 million votes, and your margin in Texas is cut in half because 18-44 vote Democratic by a wide margin, let me explain something to you: you have limited legitimacy as President. It's called a "mandate"  in political science and no popular vote means no mandate to enact your policies.

"We can't govern unless our coastal masters are happy!" This is why you and your ilk are losers: you seek the approval of people who hate you. California, New York, and Illinois can sit and spin - the Trump agenda goes forward with or without their consent.

Two: white people matter less and less in this country in terms of determining the President. In 2004, George W. Bush won 44% of Latinos and 44% of Asians, and won the popular vote by 2.5 million he won whites 57-43%. Trump won the white vote by 22 points (either 59-37% or 58-37%) but lost the popular vote because Latinos voted 65-27% for Clinton and Asians voted similarly for Clinton.

Now, I know math may not be the strongest forte of the Trumpists, but hold onto your hats folks

"Hold on to your hats"? Jesus Christ, listen to yourself.

because my God, this is revelationary: if non-whites grow at the clip they did and cost Trump the popular vote by 3 million, that means appealing only to whites the way the Donald did is not a winning strategy. Because eventually, states like Georgia, Arizona, and other states flip adding up to 270 for the Democrats! What a novel concept!

I forgot that demographic shift is a mystical and inexplicable force and not something that flows from policy.

Now, I know you didn't do any research whatsoever because you follow the likes of r/the_Donald, but let me educate you about the most liberal states that delivered huge majorities for Clinton. Did you know, by any chance, brilliant strategist that you are, the white vote in these states? That's right, Clinton won CA whites by 5 points, lost NY whites by 6 points, and lost IL whites by 12 points (less than half of her national margin). She won WA whites, OR whites, New England whites.

So! The logical deduction is that you can't just keep hoping to win more whites over time to win elections!

Have I made my point that your point about "appealing to whites" is absolutely retarded along with your apparently asinine understanding of American politics?

Yes? Excellent.

You sound completely hysterical. Cut the soy out of your diet and stop drinking from plastic bottles.

White Nationalist Tears. Yummy!

Mor plz Clash
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 07:59:47 PM »

Look, yes, the declining demographics pose a serious challenge to the GOP, but the idea that it will magically mean salvation for the Democrats (especially if they keep failing to articulate any coherent message beyond "at least we're not as bad as them!") is ridiculous.

oh my fucking god i thought i was joking wtf kill me now

Jesus. I thought that screen shot was a joke. But no. HAhahahahaha!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 08:35:30 PM »

Perhaps the most obnoxious thing about this debate isn't Republicans arguing the electoral viability of tripling down on the white vote, but rather the utter ignoring the inherently racism and racist policies we need to adopt to achieve those aims.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies