2020 Texas Redistricting thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:30:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 Texas Redistricting thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Texas Redistricting thread  (Read 58819 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« on: November 10, 2020, 11:03:55 AM »

Here's what I mocked up.  TX-23 goes to Odessa instead of El Paso, it's 59.6% Hispanic by CVAP and 53.8-42.1 Trump in 2016.  (Clinton won the current version by 3.4%, so this should make Gonzales quite safe.)  You can up the Hispanic numbers a bit by playing around with the precincts in San Antonio. 

Cuellar's TX-28 (pink) is 60.7% Hispanic, 59.8% Clinton, about the same as before.  Again you can play around with the precincts in San Antonio if you like, I wasn't very careful with those. 

TX-15 in orange is 64.7% Hispanic by CVAP, and Trump won 48.5-47.3 in 2016.  Trump lost the current version by 16.7 points in 2016.  If De la Cruz-Hernandez runs again here, she'd be favored in a Biden midterm, I would think, given that she lost by less than 3% this time. 

The district that goes to Corpus Christi in lighter green is 63.1% Hispanic CVAP.  Trump won in 2016 by 49.1%-47%.  This is very similar to the district Blake Farenthold initially won in, except Brownsville is out and Harlingen in (which is a good trade for Republicans).  The current TX-34 was won by Hillary 59.2-37.7.  Vela only won by 13 this year, so he'd probably run in the other district. 

Speaking of which, the border district in dark green is 91% Hispanic by CVAP, 73.6% Hillary. 

One potential issue is that TX-35 will end up contracting to just Travis County and will no longer be majority Hispanic, but since it elected Doggett anyway maybe that's not such a big deal. 

Odd question for a first time post (but long-time lurker): I am unable to see maps that are posted as images in threads. I tried checking ad blocker, different browser, etc. The DRA ones that are just linked are fine, obviously, but I was wondering if there was some setting I need to change to view these maps?
You need to get 20 posts in order to see images because a copywrite troll sued the website's owner over a image from 15 years ago.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies